Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bullet guys came to my house and installed the top. I am awe struck at the quality of the construction. The entire main pipe is one bend, not a two piece bolt together. The welds are textbook perfect, the top sewing and construction is the finest marine grade. All the castings are perfect. I love the style and all the new capability. They have plans for speaker mounts and the thule roof mounts are available. I was very concerned that it may look like a golf cart like some of the roofs do but this is not even close to looking like that. I sat on the top, I'm a big guy 250lbs and it did not flex at all. A great match for my Madstadt windshield! It's raining - I may just go for a ride!

These guys are tallent!

Attachments

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took one for the team and went out for a while in the rain. I will never advocate for the SS being an all weather vehicle but the top made a tremendous difference. The biggest difference was at the stop lights, you are no longer exposed and the rain does not get into the safety glasses, no helmet. The rain does run off the roof onto your legs but even though I'm wearing my "winter shorts" only skin gets wet. No significant dripping on the left side. The magstad windscreen is still hard to see through and I will give rainex and some other waterphobic treatments to see if they help. I do notice an increase in my hearing the gear whine from the SS and the cockpit is significantly quieter. All in all this is a significant enhancement for less than perfect days and if I get tired of being caged it is a 10min job to remove the canvas. I'll never take the frame off - it is so nice having a handhold to get in and out. The new flat bottom steering wheel will make it even easier.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I took one for the team and went out for a while in the rain. I will never advocate for the SS being an all weather vehicle but the top made a tremendous difference. The biggest difference was at the stop lights, you are no longer exposed and the rain does not get into the safety glasses, no helmet. The rain does run off the roof onto your legs but even though I'm wearing my "winter shorts" only skin gets wet. No significant dripping on the left side. The magstad windscreen is still hard to see through and I will give rainex and some other waterphobic treatments to see if they help. I do notice an increase in my hearing the gear whine from the SS and the cockpit is significantly quieter. All in all this is a significant enhancement for less than perfect days and if I get tired of being caged it is a 10min job to remove the canvas. I'll never take the frame off - it is so nice having a handhold to get in and out. The new flat bottom steering wheel will make it even easier.
Cape, thanks for taking one for the team. Now you just need @hrmiracle to wash your Sling for ya'...

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I assume the windshields is made of polycarbonate so you're not supposed to put Rain X or other type treatments on it

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I assume the windshields is made of polycarbonate so you're not supposed to put Rain X or other type treatments on it
There is a new version of Rain-x made and developed just for all plastics including polycarbonate.

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should note that the frame powder coating is not a perfect match. It really does not bother me much since there are so many angles on the SS the color does not look the same anywhere on the vehicle anyway. Supposedly the power coating used by Bullet is significantly harder than most others and the color range is not in place yet. It does not bother me at all and thanks Orangeman for bringing it to my attention before I bought it.

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My passenger side mirror now is useful! The Bullet Speed roof mount repositions the mirror out about 1in and slightly up. Just enough to move it into the sweet spot for me (5'10''). Heck, I'd just buy the mount to move the mirror!

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I should note that the frame powder coating is not a perfect match. It really does not bother me much since there are so many angles on the SS the color does not look the same anywhere on the vehicle anyway. Supposedly the power coating used by Bullet is significantly harder than most others and the color range is not in place yet. It does not bother me at all and thanks Orangeman for bringing it to my attention before I bought it.
When securing a load to your new top, make sure it's properly tied down...
image.jpeg

·
Registered
481 Posts
That sounds good, I am considering this top as well. Flat bottom steering wheel you say? :wideyed:

IMG_20151010_140550.jpg

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
....And I can not lie....
I guess you could always stuff your wheel :rage::asshat:

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,158 Posts
Top looks nice, glad to see Bob changed the front mounting of the c-channel, I have the original twist top and still like, never been off since I put it on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts