Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a break in the weather here in Buffalo, New York and got to pickup my Slingshot. It was 40 degree's with a light sprinkle of rain. Most of the snow melted and outlook for a new blanket of snow wasn't for two more days.
OMG! it was too exciting knowing it was going to be in the garage.
The minute we left the dealer people were racing up to figure out what we were. Kids pasted to school bus windows, wide eyed, drooling and making noise. Had a couple of vehicles rolling down windows, giving us thumbs up. Two cop cars slowed down in the opposite direction, starring. It was a awesome ride home.
When we got to our street my 89 year old neighbor from Italy came out in his socks. The look on his face was priceless.
I started to pull in the driveway and my daughter said, " I don't want to go home yet, Let's go, DAD!" so we drove in the cold for another half hour. With the windshield most of the cold rushed over our heads.
Anyone hesitating on getting one, Just Go Get One, it's a Great machine.
Although there is a break in period, even half throttle it is a thrill. Can't wait till I can really open it up.
Polaris, What a Ride, Great Job!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I started to pull in the driveway and my daughter said, " I don't want to go home yet, Let's go, DAD!" so we drove in the cold for another half hour.
I don't think you can put a price tag on that....The joy of your child, there's no money in the world can pay that

Congratulation, I'm sure you will find much more joyful moments :)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Finally had a break in the weather here in Buffalo, New York and got to pickup my Slingshot. It was 40 degree's with a light sprinkle of rain. Most of the snow melted and outlook for a new blanket of snow wasn't for two more days.
The minute we left the dealer people were racing up to figure out what we were. Kids pasted to school bus windows, wide eyed, drooling and making noise. Had a couple of vehicles rolling down windows, giving us thumbs up. Two cop cars slowed down in the opposite direction, starring. It was a awesome ride home.
When we got to our street my 89 year old neighbor from Italy came out in his socks. The look on his face was priceless.
I started to pull in the driveway and my daughter said, " I don't want to go home yet, Let's go, DAD!" so we drove in the cold for another half hour. With the windshield most of the cold rushed over our heads.
Although there is a break in period, even half throttle it is a thrill. Can't wait till I can really open it up.
Congratulations... Happy for you and your daughter...
Just curious... Check the month manufactured and the last 4-digits of the VIN...
FYI. The production sticker is located on the tubular frame work on the drivers side just in front of the seat. You actually have to step over it to get in the vehicle.

I am trying to find units manufactured in December...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Congratulations... Happy for you and your daughter...
Just curious... Check the month manufactured and the last 4-digits of the VIN...
FYI. The production sticker is located on the tubular frame work on the drivers side just in front of the seat. You actually have to step over it to get in the vehicle.

I am trying to find units manufactured in December...
Joe you know you're doing an amazing job by doing all this.
thank you so much for keeping us updated

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Joe you know you're doing an amazing job by doing all this.
thank you so much for keeping us updated
Thanks my friend...
I have known you for several months and find only one major difference between you and I...
you say "nailed" and I say "screwed"... that about the only difference...

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I love getting apples and oranges comparisons from people. Give me your take on your SS vs your Camaro. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When the weather breaks will update on comparison. Both Chevy engine's so I know their brothers from different mothers.

·
Registered
330 Posts

Congrats td2222!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts