Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody with suggestions on alternatives to the $200+ dust cover from Polaris? Fact of life in Minnesota, it will sit idle for months while we wait out the deep freeze.

I'm sure it's a nice cover, but is it that nice? Thinking maybe something more generic may work that's cheaper, like under $100. Yea, won't be a custom fit, but will leave some dollars towards mods. After all, it's just going to sit in the garage.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw that, just $100 more than I'd like to spend, but haven't dropped it from my options yet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Two bed sheets will work perfectly and they will be free right out of your linin closet.

I have a huge concern with the Polaris dust covers. A few posts have mentioned the dust covers are a plastic material. Plastic does not breath and condensation will develop under the cover and eventually will have harmful effects on your SS.

Use bed sheets......... they breath, will not harm your paint and are very cheap to buy if your wife won't let you steal some out of your linen closest.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
The cockpit cover can be used when you go some where to keep sun off the seats and keep people from trying to sit in your ride. It also says holds rain out but I havnt been in the rain in mine yet.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Looks good. That strap in the back can be used with a bungy through the back wheel to keep it from lifting up in a strong wind. There any attachment points at the front?

·
Registered
285 Posts
looks better than I thought it would. At first (this summer) I will have to store my SS outdoors and this my be a good inexpensive option.
Has anyone actually use the trailerable cover by Polaris while trailering?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts