Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I ordered a 2022 the 2nd week of Feb. It is sitting at the dealership waiting on me to pick up. If the weather breaks this morning, I plan on picking it up today! Hoping it won’t be a rainy cold ride home but if not today, it will be brought home on Tuesday which appears to be another rainy day. I will pack my rain suit and helmet and rock n roll.
Here is just some friendly advice to help keep you out of trouble, if there is a chance of your getting into standing water, don't be getting in any hurry and yes, this is counter-intuitive, but you will want to turn off your traction control.

Have fun!! (y)

Bill

·
Registered
189 Posts
I ordered a 2022 the 2nd week of Feb. It is sitting at the dealership waiting on me to pick up. If the weather breaks this morning, I plan on picking it up today! Hoping it won’t be a rainy cold ride home but if not today, it will be brought home on Tuesday which appears to be another rainy day. I will pack my rain suit and helmet and rock n roll.
Demboyzz did u order the r model or slr?

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
What state r u in I order my 22 r jan 12th it was supposed to ship march 28 and now it’s saying April 18 to 28 that kinda pissing me off seeing that a lot of people here r ordering there’s and getting the r in a lot sooner then iam
Lots of different things at play here... Some of the larger dealers may have order some as floor units and somebody came in and said they wanted that type unit. Another thing that happens is a person has one on order and than cancels their order or puts off a delivery date. (don't want it delivered today it's cold out) That will put you to the end of the line. I'm a residential painting contractor and when somebody who is line to get work done put me off than they get moved to the end of the line. That the way business works. And with the Slingshot grab it when it's available.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Lots of different things at play here... Some of the larger dealers may have order some as floor units and somebody came in and said they wanted that type unit. Another thing that happens is a person has one on order and than cancels their order or puts off a delivery date. (don't want it delivered today it's cold out) That will put you to the end of the line. I'm a residential painting contractor and when somebody who is line to get work done put me off than they get moved to the end of the line. That the way business works. And with the Slingshot grab it when it's available.
Yeah if they cancel it should not get my delivery put back there a slingshot comp April 30 just say it ships april 18 I get it the 25th dealer said 7days max after shipped that gives me 5 days to put a system in it light it up etc that’s not much time to do a build so even thought it’s slightly colder I could still do my mods to it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah if they cancel it should not get my delivery put back there a slingshot comp April 30 just say it ships april 18 I get it the 25th dealer said 7days max after shipped that gives me 5 days to put a system in it light it up etc that’s not much time to do a build so even thought it’s slightly colder I could still do my mods to it
Did you add anything special to your SSR? Like heated/cooled seats, special badging or anything out of the ordinary? I originally ordered some special items. Was told by Polaris mid to late June. Then I changed my order to standard R with non heated seats and no special items and she was on the showroom floor in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Did you add anything special to your SSR? Like heated/cooled seats, special badging or anything out of the ordinary? I originally ordered some special items. Was told by Polaris mid to late June. Then I changed my order to standard R with non heated seats and no special items and she was on the showroom floor in 3 weeks.
When I placed the order i did heated and cooled seat the new soft stop and speaker pods but after we order it the dealer part department order the extra add ons and said they would install it for free

·
Registered
189 Posts
When I placed the order i did heated and cooled seat the new soft stop and speaker pods but after we order it the dealer part department order the extra add ons and said they would install it for free
The dealer did not think the factory would do it and doing it that way I get the extra % off for my dealer discount as I had gotten a slingshot last feb so it saved 10% off of 3k in add ons. The excursion top they had order already said they would hold it for me. So they only had to order the headed and cooled seats and speaker pods. And my date got pushed back already right around when they did the 2 week run of le models

·
Registered
22 Posts
SSITS 2022 in Maggie Valley, NC This spring there will be most of the venders and about 500 Slingshots. If you come over you will have more questions when you leave than you had before you got there. (Can't remember, do you already have your Slingshot? If not come over and spend a day riding with me....unless some good looking red head comes up I'll have an open seat.)
We have a cabin in Maggie, but we missed the Slinging in the Valley this year. I am now obsessed with Slingshots and am looking for my first one. I’m hoping to have one by the next get together. If anyone is interested in a great cabin, we rent ours out and have plenty of room for a Slingshot or two and a trailer!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts