Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 and they have pretty much rebuilt it over the past two years with recalls. The last one being the break failure light. I took it in. They replaced the sensors and before I could even make it home, it came on again. They said I could bring it in and they would do a Tech Request. But I don't want my slingshot sitting in their warehouse for 6 months while Polaris Thinks About it. Has anyone had an issue with the Break Failure Light coming on AFTER they replaced the sensor and if so, is there something else they can do. It does not effect anything with the operation other than knocking out the cruise control.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have a 2015 and they have pretty much rebuilt it over the past two years with recalls. The last one being the break failure light. I took it in. They replaced the sensors and before I could even make it home, it came on again. They said I could bring it in and they would do a Tech Request. But I don't want my slingshot sitting in their warehouse for 6 months while Polaris Thinks About it. Has anyone had an issue with the Break Failure Light coming on AFTER they replaced the sensor and if so, is there something else they can do. It does not effect anything with the operation other than knocking out the cruise control.
Exact same thing happened to me. Brought it to a different dealer and it turned out to be a brake fluid level sensor not the infamous brake pressure sensors which had just been replaced. They wanted $300+ to replace 2 of them which they said would take 2 hours. I bought the sensors online for $80. I popped out the old sensors and popped in the 2 new ones. Total elapsed time was 5 minutes. Haven't seen the brake failure light since.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Just had mine done this morning.
Make sure they replace both and use the new replacements not the original part number.
Took them less than 30 minutes to replace. I did call ahead and make sure they had the parts.

·
Registered
752 Posts
If you go over to the other forum, they tell how to test the level sensors. Very simple, may save you a trip to a dealer. They sit on top of the brake fluid reservoir You simply pop old ones out and pop the new ones in.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks for your question, that is about the only problem I have with my 2016 SL brake light comes on. and yes nothing seems to be wrong and it is not all the time. i have extended warranty but all they did this first time was tighten something? anyway I would prefer this be fixed before I go on a long trip

·
Registered
177 Posts
Strange coincidence, my brake warning light just came on today. The sensors were replaced under warranty in spring 2015. Here we go again. Such a hassle to make the long drive to the dealer for service, once to drop it off, and again to pick it up, with who knows how long in between while they wait on parts.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Strange coincidence, my brake warning light just came on today. The sensors were replaced under warranty in spring 2015. Here we go again. Such a hassle to make the long drive to the dealer for service, once to drop it off, and again to pick it up, with who knows how long in between while they wait on parts.
Call ahead and make sure they have the new style parts before making the trip. It's a 20-30 minute fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Call ahead and make sure they have the new style parts before making the trip. It's a 20-30 minute fix.
I unplugged the 3 sensors on the brake fluid reservoir and spray them with electric clean, haven't had an issue in a while?

·
Registered
827 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts