Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just purchased a 2020 slingshot R in Miami Blue/Black. It came to us with some upgrades already, including speakers behind the headrests. I love that we have them but I can't adjust the fader! All we hear is what comes out of those speakers and nothing from the speakers by our legs in the cab. What can I do?!?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
My wife and I just purchased a 2020 slingshot R in Miami Blue/Black. It came to us with some upgrades already, including speakers behind the headrests. I love that we have them but I can't adjust the fader! All we hear is what comes out of those speakers and nothing from the speakers by our legs in the cab. What can I do?!?
Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity".

·
Administrator
3,059 Posts
That could be because the factory speakers can't handle much volume compared to the aftermarket pods. People often replace the factory housings with more powerful aftermarket, sometimes putting subwoofer boxes behind the seats, pods on the side rails and hoops, and tweeters in the dash, just to get reasonable sound at freeway speeds.

So, it could be your system has an aftermarket amplifier that was balanced by the installer for what the speakers (technically "the drivers") can handle reasonably well and messing with it might make things worse--just be prepared for that possibility.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so there is not an amp under the seats and the "factory" speakers are Rockford Fosgate. There are factory tweeters already installed as well. It seems to me that they should put out decent sound but I could be wrong. Is there something I can buy and install that will allow me to adjust how much sound comes out and where? I basically just need a fader! I think its ridiculous that there is no fade/balance setting on these!

·
Administrator
3,059 Posts
Perhaps I should have asked what pods they are. Rockford Fosgate came out with a Stage 3 Roll Hoop Audio Kit that plugged into the 7" Ride Command Infotainment System on 2021 and newer SL and R models (which also has dash speakers), but with you having a 2020 I assumed (perhaps improperly) you have aftermarket teardrop pods.

I haven't tried to adjust the fader on a Stage 3 setup, but the system has a fader that's supposed to do what you're thinking it should.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts