Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a 2021 Polaris Slingshot last week. We took it for a ride today and about half a mile from home, while being in a drive thru, we got a Brake System Failure message and could not change the gear form Neutral. Any ideas as to what might have caused this?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
The brakes and transmission should be two completely separate systems, if you had said an automatic transmission then maybe electronics could have been a possibility? Gotta think some more about this.

Bill

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
First place to start is to check for a blown fuse. Check the easy stuff first.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You said that it will not shift from neutral. Does the shifter move side to side or not at all? It should move left and right to get to 1-2 and 5-R. Agree with Bill that the trans is not connected with the brakes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We just bought a 2021 Polaris Slingshot last week. We took it for a ride today and about half a mile from home, while being in a drive thru, we got a Brake System Failure message and could not change the gear form Neutral. Any ideas as to what might have caused this?
Did you check the fluids? I've had both problems but not together. Low Dot 4 fluid can cause both of these with the clutch not going into gear and the brake light to trigger. Just odd you got both at the same time because they have 2 reserveriors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
They were suppose to fix that our 2015 did same thing when we bought it, it was pressure on line the valve had to be replaced

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you check the fluids? I've had both problems but not together. Low Dot 4 fluid can cause both of these with the clutch not going into gear and the brake light to trigger. Just odd you got both at the same time because they have 2 reserveriors.
There is 4. Valves that have electrical switches 2 are for fluid level THEY stay on all the time shows floured full the other two are under Meath the master cylinder they are in the off condition until the dreak is pressed and then they connect electrical these valves have a lot of problems they are very unarible and they are the hardest to replace. The other I would say is to check the wires on these 4 Valves be sure the are connected

·
Registered
8 Posts
R N and D buttons are the automatic transmission it will not shift until the brake is pressed as Albert said check for wiring connecters off switches and see if you have brake lights when pedal is pressed will be a starting place. Being new maybe you will have a connecter not seated or just off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts