Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

141 - 160 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Switches for mine came in yesterday, hoping to be fixed tomorrow! No cruise + Turbo = Horrible speeding....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Y'all are proving my test to be even more true than I thought....

The question is...... Is the new switch better than the old switch?

If it is then that would be a no brainer to have it changed. If its the same then I may go forward with the manual switch replacement. Can someone tell if its a new part number or its a different number on the actual switch?

I know it was the same part number when they ordered it...... I physically didn't inspect the new switches, so I have no clue on that.........

BTW ..... Several hundred miles and still no issue. It was definitely the switches that was causing the brake failure.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My dealer finally received the brake sensor switch; however he only ordered one. I explained that two were needed. When I asked about the seals he said that they are a common brass seal. Could someone chime in and describe the seals needed that go with he switches? I don't want to travel for the service just to find out they don't have the proper seals . I also have the light come on with the squiggley lines; he didn't seem to have a clue of how to fix this.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Had my brake failure light comimg off last week.
Called my dealer on Friday told him to order 2 pressure switches and the seals.
They arrived yesterday, switches got installed this morning bleed the brakes in and out in 1and a half hour .
Problem fixed.
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
563 Posts
I just came back from my dealer for the same issue. I explained the fix. They said the info on the forum is garbage. They documented my issue and submitted a claim to Polaris. Now I wait......

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just came back from my dealer for the same issue. I explained the fix. They said the info on the forum is garbage. They documented my issue and submitted a claim to Polaris. Now I wait......

The new switches cured my problem !!!!!!!!! It's perfect now !!!!!!! Tell your dealer to swallow their pride and take some proven advise from the masses. ;)

·
Registered
563 Posts
The new switches cured my problem !!!!!!!!! It's perfect now !!!!!!! Tell your dealer to swallow their pride and take some proven advise from the masses. ;)
The dealer just called. Polaris has authorized replacement of both switches, however they are on back order! He said that dealing with Polaris for warranty work, especially on the Victory, has been a nightmare for them and the Slingshot is shaping up to be another nightmare! He apologized.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright, crew! Here is the update after I finished up with the dealer yesterday...

Shouldn't all this been fixed under warranty.
Service Time - 1 hour
Service Completed - 500 mile oil change, filter change, and fluid change. Additionally, wheels, tires, alignments, etc. checked.
Service Price - $151 - Discounted to $135 (10% from the dealer for the trouble)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Service Time - 6 hours
Service Completed - Aligned steering wheel; Aligned hood and adjusted latches; Fixed storage locks which did not lock correctly as the entire assembly rotated;

Service Not Successfully Completed - Brake Failure light could not be reproduced. They were unable to determine the cause using the historic code. Today the brake failure light came on again, and as usual it went back off after the engine was restarted. This is an open ticket with Polaris.

Service Not Successfully Completed - Infotainment center antenna wires may be damaged. The dealer is purchasing an aftermarket antenna (free of charge to me) to install. If it works better than the other stock antennas, I will keep it. Otherwise the dealer will completely replace the radio and antenna assemblies.

Service Not Successfully Completed - Hanging RPMs. Polaris has recognized this as an issue and is resolving it with an ECU flash. When it becomes available, I will need to take my SS back to a dealer in order to have the ECU flashed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Service Time - 7 Hours
Total Cost - $135
Satisfaction - Dealer 10/10; Overal 5/10.

Having missed an entire day of work in order to have this completed, only to have the minor problems fixed and the major ones still existing, I really feel like Polaris should do something. Stand behind the product and the statement of quality, and reach out to the hurting supporters of the SS.

A 7-hour initial service is completely ridiculous, especially when the most major of the problems went unfixed. Now, I need to reinforce that the dealer and techs were outstanding, courteous, and all-around phenomenal. It is in no way their fault that the major problems could not be fixed.

I am going to post this in a new thread titled "500 Mile Service Experiences".

Best regards,

Garrick

·
Registered
216 Posts
Anyone done this fix themselves? Easy fix? I might give it a whirl as going to the dealer is not convenient

Update - the parts are only $80 so I went and ordered them, looks an easy install just have to drain the reservoir and bleed the brakes. What prevents this re-occurring? Is the replacement valve a long term fix? Is the new valve the same as the old one? If so, how can this be a fix?

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
Had both of mine replaced yesterday. First problem I have has with it in over 8200 miles....not bad.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Anyone figured out why the switches fail? What is it in them that fails? And why would replacements be any different? I know asking the same question as before but trying to get a definitive response.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think it was RabTech who posted that they are junk. Hopefully, Polaris changed vendors and the replacement ones are better?

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,148 Posts
Mine need replaced as well and went to dealer and he said tech needed to look at it and he was on vacation, that will be another 1.5 hr drive to let him look and see the light is on and then order parts for another trip when they come in. The service writer also thinks the forum is full of misinformation, I am trying to keep a good relationship with my dealer since I have so many after market parts and a dealer can cause you a lot of grief with Polaris, or they can work with you on it and keep the customer happy.

141 - 160 of 388 Posts