Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

381 - 391 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Brake failure light is back. I reported it fixed above in post 378, but today it is back on again.
Guess i need new switches.
out of warrentee.

·
Registered
480 Posts
My ss is sleeping for the winter, but when I put her to bed the brake thing was happening to me too. My dealer is only about 45 min away, but it's kind of a bear to get the ss there get a ride home, back, etc. I'd love to just be able to fix this myself.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Brake failure light is back. I reported it fixed above in post 378, but today it is back on again.
Guess i need new switches.
out of warrentee.
My brake failure light came on this past Monday after a couple of years working just fine I previously had new switches and stat o seals with a bleeding of the brakes before. Anyway, this time it was out of warranty (I have a 2015 SS) but my dealership called polaris and they fixed it under the Brake Pressure recall.

Reactions: wjfyfe

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Anyone have part numbers for this fix? Where I live there are no Polaris dealership so I have to get alternative. Thanks in advance!
I assume you have the Brake Failure light coming on and that your brakes still work, but the Cruise Control doesn't? IF so, this is a common problem. Polaris recently issued a Service Advisory which tell dealers to replace the two sensor sensors/switches at the bottom of the Master Cylinder FREE of charge through Dec 31, 2020, IIRC. Here's a link - http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/brake-sensor-failure-service-advisory.166105/. I also posted the How-to from the Service manual for the Brake Sensor switches in that thread. The last step is bleed the brakes. If you can find a dealer, they can use their software to pulse the ABS unit to ensure a proper bleed of the brakes. If nothing else, maybe you can get a dealer to order the parts for you (hopefully free to you) and do your own replacement. BOTH switches and their associated seals MUST be replaced together.

The parts are -
SWITCH-PRESSURE,BRAKE item: 2207836 - $74.79 (each, 2 needed) &
SEAL-STAT-O-3/8,70EP(10) item: 5413212 - $17.56 (4 @ $4.39 ea). At those prices, talk to the nearest dealer to see if they can get you the parts for free if you need to DIY.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is exactally what happened to mine. The dealer the ABS power bleed and the brakes are better than ever. Nice pedal no pumping

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my brake failure light comimg off last week.
Called my dealer on Friday told him to order 2 pressure switches and the seals.
They arrived yesterday, switches got installed this morning bleed the brakes in and out in 1and a half hour .
Problem fixed. View attachment 24162 View attachment 24163
Good morning, I just picked up a 16 slingshot SL and have the same issue with the brake failure...where is this located on the slingshot and are the parts you order for a 16 as well...Im kind of new to this, but mechanically inclined...appreciate any help

381 - 391 of 391 Posts