Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

361 - 380 of 391 Posts

·
2,333 Posts
Also noticed when light comes i have drag like the brakes are being pushed so it does make sense the cruise control would not work.
Absolutely nothing in the MC pressure switches would cause your brakes to drag .......

All they are for is to sense pressure in the system to turn off your cruise control ... they are so redundant and it is such a minor problem that their failure only lights the warning lamp in the dash ... it doesn't even throw or log a code in the ECU ....

If you don't mind your cruise not working and the dash lamp lit you could drive it like that forever without it causing any other concerns ..... which is why it will never be a recall and has not been redesigned ....... most of the failures are due to contamination anyway .. so a production problem

...... o_O

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks. It's just me then that's good to know. I just called the dealer today and asked them if they had them in stock they said they had 4. So i set an appointment for Tuesday. Funny thing when the service man found out it was a slingshot he said what they're doing is taking them out back and blowing them up and making us buy new ones. I laughed and and said not mine i love it. Atleast 99% of the time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Absolutely nothing in the MC pressure switches would cause your brakes to drag .......

All they are for is to sense pressure in the system to turn off your cruise control ... they are so redundant and it is such a minor problem that their failure only lights the warning lamp in the dash ... it doesn't even throw or log a code in the ECU ....

If you don't mind your cruise not working and the dash lamp lit you could drive it like that forever without it causing any other concerns ..... which is why it will never be a recall and has not been redesigned ....... most of the failures are due to contamination anyway .. so a production problem

...... o_O

Not really incline to change the switches for the third time, but do not like seeing the light in the dash, is there and way it can be fooled, maybe by a resistor or how difficult would it be to remove the bulb?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
My brake warning light just starting coming on last couple of rides, but so far, only on hot days and after riding for a while and everything gets good and hot. Cycling the power resets it, but if it's hot it will come back on within a few stops.

I have a few things that need attention, time to call the dealer.
FINALLY have been home long enough to stop at the dealer for this. Told them I had a warning with no code. They asked how many miles on the Sling. They looked at me and said, "OH! You need new pressure switches! We keep them in stock."

LOL.... so next Friday I'll get that fixed, and asked them to loosen the drive belt some more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been waiting for the sensors to come in for mine almost 3 weeks. Commonwealth Power Sports in Prince George VA is the dealership I use. More because of closeness the quality of service. I have a 2015 with just over 4000 miles on it. Started happening about 1000 miles ago. since it is a 2015 they are trying to get the work done under warranty since it only has 4000 miles on it. I have found a few places that sell the parts.

I was trying to find a cross reference for the part that might also be used on another vehicle and get the part from Autozone, Pepe Boys type of parts store.

This should be a recall with the number of complaints for this problem.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I have been waiting for the sensors to come in for mine almost 3 weeks. Commonwealth Power Sports in Prince George VA is the dealership I use.
Do yourself a favor, and make an appointment at Village Motorsports in Unionville, VA. I have nothing but good things to say about the support staff there. I live in Southern Maryland, but drive 2 hours to get to that dealer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do yourself a favor, and make an appointment at Village Motorsports in Unionville, VA. I have nothing but good things to say about the support staff there. I live in Southern Maryland, but drive 2 hours to get to that dealer.
Thanks for the info. I will have to do that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Only 1.5 hrs. from me. Will call tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
FINALLY have been home long enough to stop at the dealer for this. Told them I had a warning with no code. They asked how many miles on the Sling. They looked at me and said, "OH! You need new pressure switches! We keep them in stock."

LOL.... so next Friday I'll get that fixed, and asked them to loosen the drive belt some more.
So up at o'dark:30 to get on the road for the 2 hour ride to the dealer. While driving there, the traction control warning lit up, so I had them look at that too. In the shop for about an hour and a half. No more brake warning!! And loosening the belt a bit made a big difference in angle drive noise. But....... on the way home the traction control warning came on and stayed on. Shop said the traction control light was because of the false brake failure light, but it looks like it's not related. Looks like another trip to the shop...

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
So up at o'dark:30 to get on the road for the 2 hour ride to the dealer. While driving there, the traction control warning lit up, so I had them look at that too. In the shop for about an hour and a half. No more brake warning!! And loosening the belt a bit made a big difference in angle drive noise. But....... on the way home the traction control warning came on and stayed on. Shop said the traction control light was because of the false brake failure light, but it looks like it's not related. Looks like another trip to the shop...
Since your traction warning light is not going off this may not be related where for a short time after replacing our brake warning switches, the traction warning light would come on intermittently, but we have not had a light since after several thousand miles of riding.

Bill

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Since your traction warning light is not going off this may not be related where for a short time after replacing our brake warning switches, the traction warning light would come on intermittently, but we have not had a light since after several thousand miles of riding.

Bill
It's going to be a while before I can get back to the shop, so I'll give it time to see if it's a real problem or not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm starting to have the same issue.... Not sure if the shop will help or not. Is there anywhere we can buy parts yet... Other than a stealership?

·
Registered
33 Posts

Rider. So i have been watching these "brake failure light" threads now going back to 2014. You seem to have experience. My sling was fine till after they did the last 4 recalls on a 2015 model. Then I magically started with the failure light. This sounds like no big deal but if I can buy the parts and replace myself will it solve the problem you think? Thanks in advance. Rick

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Rider. So i have been watching these "brake failure light" threads now going back to 2014. You seem to have experience. My sling was fine till after they did the last 4 recalls on a 2015 model. Then I magically started with the failure light. This sounds like no big deal but if I can buy the parts and replace myself will it solve the problem you think? Thanks in advance. Rick
There have been a couple of threads on getting GM parts to do it yourself, but if it's still under warranty, let the dealer do it. Working on the brake system can be fussy.

As with any of these indicator failures, they all just start happening one day. The only way it might be related to any of your recalls is if they did a bleed and didn't do it right. Or it was just 'your time' for this failure. In either case, if it's under warranty or you suspect the dealer caused the issue, let them look at it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rider-- my sling is out of warranty and dealer 50 miles away. From all you might know--does brake bleed or new pressure switches finally solve this problem? If that is the case, I have bled many a brake system. Thanks

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Rider-- my sling is out of warranty and dealer 50 miles away. From all you might know--does brake bleed or new pressure switches finally solve this problem? If that is the case, I have bled many a brake system. Thanks
The most common fix is new pressure switches. Bleeding brakes on a Slingshot is not like other systems. Read the service manual and I think someone posted instructions here a while ago. Read up before you try it. I'm an experienced shop mechanic, but I let my dealer do this task.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Roger that-thanks. I have a shop manual as well so will look it up. Im also thinking of a call to Polaris. This brake failure thing seems to be a self inflicted wound after they did the other safety recalls. Never had the problem prior

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm starting to have the same issue.... Not sure if the shop will help or not. Is there anywhere we can buy parts yet... Other than a stealership?
I had mine in the dealership and they did the work free of charge. I was out of my warranty as well. They covered it as a known on going issue. I will admit it took a long time for them to get the parts but it was done in a bout 2 hours. I dropped it off the night before and they called me at about 10 and said it was done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had the same issue and my harnes from alternator to something had a issue was not charging batterie. Had to push start sling . The dealer took care of both issues. No more problems so far.

361 - 380 of 391 Posts