Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

341 - 360 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
after recall on swing arm...things went fine,,,,then after a few hundred miles...squeeling from swing,,and clicking, then stabtrak light came on,,,i was going to call dealer,,but procrastinator i am..waited, re-set ign. and once more light came on, ,,went for a long ride with some twisties..and light stayed off and low and behold squeesling went away and no more stabtrak on. so far few hundred miles and all is ok..:) will update if any new news.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Just an observation where when the weather was cooler, (below 40 degrees F), the brake warning light would come on intermittently, for a period the OAT rose above 40 degrees, ( mostly 50's-60's), no light, yesterday the temp was back down around 34 degrees and the light showed up again....................... no obvious changes in braking function.......................

Like I said, just an observation.

Bill
A ride with the temps down round 34 degrees this morning.....................................no light.

Bill

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
We just picked up the Grasshopper yesterday from the dealer after getting the recall work done, plus the secondary brake bleed procedure was also accomplished. It appears that this procedure may take care of the intermittent brake failure light problem and that the switches themselves have not been at fault.

Bill
Dammit, we had the highest of hopes but the warning light came back on this evening.................... :(

Bill

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
My brake warning light just starting coming on last couple of rides, but so far, only on hot days and after riding for a while and everything gets good and hot. Cycling the power resets it, but if it's hot it will come back on within a few stops.

I have a few things that need attention, time to call the dealer.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I guess it's my turn. Though I've had the ss since they came out, I have just under 5K miles on it. The brake failure light came on at a stop sign this morning, but did not come back on when I shut off the sling and turned it back on when I got to the office. Hopefully it doesn't come back on when I go for a joy ride at lunch.

·
Registered
273 Posts
it will come back on. the dealer said it is now showing up all over and they say its the master cylinder. mine should be fixed today or tomorrow. they have 4 others waiting for parts with the same problem. i hope this takes care of it. the brakes are fine and you can drive just fine if its like mine. but the cruise control does not work when its on. if you stop and turn off the engine it re sets it for abit

·
Registered
480 Posts
it will come back on. the dealer said it is now showing up all over and they say its the master cylinder. mine should be fixed today or tomorrow. they have 4 others waiting for parts with the same problem. i hope this takes care of it. the brakes are fine and you can drive just fine if its like mine. but the cruise control does not work when its on. if you stop and turn off the engine it re sets it for abit
Yup, came back on when I went out for lunch. Brakes seem fine. I'll check what I can when I get home, but I'm likely in the same boat as a bunch of others on here. Funny that it took so long to show up though where others seemed to have the problem early on.

·
Registered
619 Posts
+1

Mine came on yesterday. 14,000+ miles.

As others said, power off / power on clears it for awhile. Also like others have said, cruise control does not work when the failure light is lit.

ECU not throwing any codes to the display as a result.

·
Registered
273 Posts
mine is fixed, it is the brake master cylinder, that should be the next recall, but just take it to the dealer and they will replace it and you will be good to go

·
Registered
22 Posts
~TL-DR Version - The brake failure light comes on within the first mile of every ride now. I have 1900 miles on my SS. Waiting on the dealer to get ahold of Polaris to see what they can do...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you who are familiar with my older thread which included a list of problems I was experiencing with my SS, the brake failure light was my biggest concern.
When I took it to the dealer for the 500 mile service, the light had come on 3 times, but would only stay on when the engine was running. When the engine was turned off, the light wouldn't come on again for another 100-200 miles.
The dealer couldn't do anything about the light because they couldn't pull the code it throws if it isn't on.
Here's the update - On Saturday 4/11/2015, I went for a ride which was about 280 miles. 20 miles in, the light turned on, so I pulled over and restarted the engine...and the light immediately came back on. Now since I have been told it "is probably not a big deal", I finished the ride. Several stops were made, including an hour for lunch, but the light would come back on every time I fired up the engine.
It is now Monday, 4/13/2015, and still every time I turn on the SS, the brake failure light comes on within the first mile or so.
The dealer can almost certainly get the code now, since the light triggers practically every ride. I have contacted my dealer, and they are talking with Polaris to see what to do...
Took mine to the dealer to have the Swing arm replace under Recall Notice, i mentioned the same problem you have -- Brake Warning Light comes on intermittent after driving for so long -- they said they bleed the brakes and corrected it --- but today did the same thing -- stop engine and might not come on again for a while -- so i am researching what else it could be... Good Luck with yours. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Took mine to the dealer to have the Swing arm replace under Recall Notice, i mentioned the same problem you have -- Brake Warning Light comes on intermittent after driving for so long -- they said they bleed the brakes and corrected it --- but today did the same thing -- stop engine and might not come on again for a while -- so i am researching what else it could be... Good Luck with yours. :)
mine doing same thing on and off. topped of brake fluid dealer said they are sensetive, did not work. i have a 2015 with 15k.... but this works fine. maybe a after mod master cylinder if this is the problem. i beleive some of the vender stuff is better

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine just started last week at only 1800 miles. Noticed that every first stop after taking off as soon as i let off gas and touch brake the engine revs up and then brake light comes on. It's got to be the pressure switch from what i get. Taking mine in next week on factory warranty. Will update after repairs are done.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have had mine come on a couple of times with 4800 miles on it. Same with the cruise control. Contacted dealer and scheduled a fix for the brake sensor replacement. They say it is a common problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hear that it is a common problem but some have had the sensor changed out but still have the problem from what i have read from others. I hope they find my problem.

·
Registered
619 Posts
My dealer - Extreme Power Sports in Gaylord, MI - got me in the next day (a Saturday) after I called to report this problem. Replaced the sensors while I waited. Service manager (Doug) said this is a very common problem and the pressure sensors 'stick' making the computer think the brakes are on while you are driving (hence the failure light). It also accounts for the Cruise Control not working -- cruise turns off when brakes are applied.

I was concerned that Polaris might be replacing the sensors with the same defective part and that the problem would happen again in the future. Doug told me that the part number for the sensor is different now than it was for the original sensor....so, here's hoping the new ones don't stick!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thats good news but mine is a 2016.5 and mine was supposed to not have them at least thats what they told me but im having that issue. Makes you wonder if they just put the defective ones on just to get it out the assembly line.

341 - 360 of 391 Posts