Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 SLR that I purchased used back in April. I currently has about 8500 miles on it; 5K of which were put on this spring and summer. About a month ago the "Brake Failure" light came on while on a ride. The brakes continued to worked fine on that ride. I went to have it checked out the next day and the light was not on. Mechanic said the brakes looked fine. Couple of weeks later, the light is back on. Brakes are still working fine. Has anyone ran into this issue

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I have a 2019 SLR that I purchased used back in April. I currently has about 8500 miles on it; 5K of which were put on this spring and summer. About a month ago the "Brake Failure" light came on while on a ride. The brakes continued to worked fine on that ride. I went to have it checked out the next day and the light was not on. Mechanic said the brakes looked fine. Couple of weeks later, the light is back on. Brakes are still working fine. Has anyone ran into this issue View attachment 187823
Yep, here ya go!
Bill

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I have a 2019 SLR that I purchased used back in April. I currently has about 8500 miles on it; 5K of which were put on this spring and summer. About a month ago the "Brake Failure" light came on while on a ride. The brakes continued to worked fine on that ride. I went to have it checked out the next day and the light was not on. Mechanic said the brakes looked fine. Couple of weeks later, the light is back on. Brakes are still working fine. Has anyone ran into this issue View attachment 187823
The breaks will work fine...NO cruse control.. Early years had some bad sensors, your mechanic should have known of this problem.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
In addition to the brake cylinder sensors, a little less known issue is the magnetic brake switch on the brake pedal (located inside engine compartment). Creates all of the same symptoms. Easy fix, get a replacement mechanical switch.
This resolved all of my brake "failure" issues.

Reactions: EjFord

·
Registered
5 Posts
Easy fix to try first, before spending much money. Use a cloth and absorb much of the fluid from Reservoir. Replace with new DOT4 brake fluid. Do that for a few days straight and all the fluid will be replaced. Mine had the light at 2k miles. Did that and it went away.

You're welcome!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had the same problem changed brake sensors and it went away

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Easy fix to try first, before spending much money. Use a cloth and absorb much of the fluid from Reservoir. Replace with new DOT4 brake fluid. Do that for a few days straight and all the fluid will be replaced. Mine had the light at 2k miles. Did that and it went away.

You're welcome!
Can also use a 'turkey' baster to suck out the fluid.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The infamous brake faiulure light, but the brakes haven't failed. Cruise does not work when lit. Usually resets with a restart but will come back. It was a recall but unfortunately too late when it showed up on my 2017 SL. My dealer replaced the brake sensors for $180. No more issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes it is a sensor cost about 100.00.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts