Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my red SL today from dealer near Grand Rapids. I didn't find my unit to be "prepped" properly and glad I didn't pay the extra charge as some things were overlooked. Curious if anyone else has checked behind the passenger seat and noticed that the 2 black bolts are missing holding on the black rear deck body piece that would be located behind the head rest. You have to tot seat forward to get in the storage compartment and I noticed NO BOLTS there and part can actually flap up and down.

I then noticed when sitting in drivers side that the speaker housing was moving? I checked passenger side and it was rigid. Upon further inspection I saw that the forward plastic mounting tab (poor design) that bolts the drivers side speaker housing on was cracked and broken! My bike has 3 miles on it, and I would guess that since the dealer didn't mark unit sold, or posted "Do Not Sit" on this unit that someone hit the speaker housing hard enough and broke that tab. This would be a good F.Y.I. to be careful of this poorly designed speaker mount as surely this will vibrate and bounce now that it is broken. I have notified and sent photos to my selling dealer.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Mine was missing 2 screws on the passenger speaker box. Front tab did not aligned up so I had to enlarge it.
Welcome to the club haha !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts