Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this earlier this month. Though you guys would like it :D it's concept sketches for a BMW 3 wheel hybrid, I believe it's just a design study though and is very unlikely to be produced though... more sketches at http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/bmw-k1600gt-bmw-3-wheeler-nicolas-petit/

I wonder if the Slingshot is made and does well will Honda and BMW and other companies follow Polaris?

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Looks cool, but if you are spending money designing a reverse trike with a single seat, you are wasting money.

You take away 75% of the potential buyers that want to share the experience with a passenger.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Once people start seeing the SS's running around I'm sure other companies will soon follow trying to get a piece of the action. Yep there's some pretty cool looking concepts out there. I agree with Trav on the single seater. A real deal killer for most buyers. Also the price point will have to be competitive too.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
My best guess at likely competitors to the SS are those companies with little to no current presence marketing platforms in the automotive world. I am sure Honda could do something cool but highly doubtful as they have been lackluster at best showing any interest in an open air roadster. And then you have to look at their ATV and SxS's offers. Pathetic at best. Workhorses? Sure but for those that want some excitement out of their toys the Honda offerings fall short.

An extension of the Yamaha/Arctic Cat relationship could be interesting. They could quickly spool up production of a direct competitor to the SS. AC has been chasing Polaris for some time in the ATV and SxS world. Just not very successfully. BRP is another contender but I highly doubt they would want to compete directly with the Spyder. Suzuki could also bring something. Should be some interesting times ahead in this new segment.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
An extension of the Yamaha/Arctic Cat relationship could be interesting. They could quickly spool up production of a direct competitor to the SS. AC has been chasing Polaris for some time in the ATV and SxS world. Just not very successfully. BRP is another contender but I highly doubt they would want to compete directly with the Spyder. Suzuki could also bring something. Should be some interesting times ahead in this new segment.
Polaris just needs to build the next American sport bike. Then they'll do everything under the sun except aircraft and watercraft (the latter is probably for the better...).

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not very nice....and Kip the post are also very often very long to read..not innaccurate but long...but keep going guys...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts