Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! My husband and I recently purchased a Slingshot and we absolutely love it! We were hoping for some recommendations on what others are using when it comes to Bluetooth headsets. Because of all the road noise we were looking for something that we could use to communicate to each other and others in our group, as well as listen to music, answer phone calls and hear the navigation. What is everyone else using? I am legally blind and need something easy to use. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and happy riding!

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Hey! My husband and I recently purchased a Slingshot and we absolutely love it! We were hoping for some recommendations on what others are using when it comes to Bluetooth headsets. Because of all the road noise we were looking for something that we could use to communicate to each other and others in our group, as well as listen to music, answer phone calls and hear the navigation. What is everyone else using? I am legally blind and need something easy to use. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and happy riding!
Welcome the "World of Slingshot Insanity" going to send you a private message.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome! Back when I was doing 2 wheels we used Sena SMH-10. Large wheel for volume and it's a button for activating intercom. Phone call button in the back, easy to reach.
Fairly no frills bluetooth, easy to use, works great. On the sling I would suggest a open face helmet and shield.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My wife and I use a pair of Sena 30K’s. My wife also is legally blind and she doesn’t have a problem with them but she only uses it to talk to me. The intercom between us is voice activated so there is no button pushing required.

I also use mine to connect to my iPhone. I have never gotten my gps to connect to it. As far as talking to other people I know the 30K will do it but I never have had the opportunity to try it. The radio also works but I don’t use that feature either because I don’t listen to the radio very often.

We both wear modular helmets. We usually have the chin pieces down but when they’re up wind noise is normally not a problem.

·
Registered
160 Posts
F & L- Welcome to the world of "SLINGIN". In regards to helmets. There are intercoms that you can attach to existing helmets as well as helmets already wired for everything you are looking for. We have the ILM full face helmets. We also have an older intercom system-attached to 3/4 face helmets. If you order "on-line"-most dealers will have a "NO RETURN" policy. Unless the intercom is OEM, you will have road noise and radio sounds picked up by microphones. Good luck. I have a 2016 SS SL. On my Harley, you plug into radio system and when you talk, it over rides radio without radio interference.

·
Registered
2021 Slingshot R
79 Posts
i have the sena 20 which i am still new at using. i have always considered it an intercom not a radio. it wont be until sept before i get the chance to pair it with another bike to see how well it works. one thing that i have noticed about the sena and maybe some one here can address it. when the big wheel/volume hits max volume you get a ding dong/bell in your ear. does not seem like a problem, but every time i turn my head the wheel drags on my collar and turns the volume up. now imagine being in a curve where you cant adjust the wheel and you get repeated ding dongs in your ear. unless there is an electrical fix i will use some duct tape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts