Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No they are not marine. I don't get wet. I have hydrophobia. :p:p

I got them in Birmingham at Sounds Great Car Audio.

Seems like I gave roughly 300 for them. I also bought some 1" MB Quart tweeters. They just make everything pop. I gave nearly 100 for the tweeters.

I have already got them to fit in my pods. I just have to remove the old tweeter I have in the pod already.

Here is a picture with them sitting in the pods. I just sat the 1" on top of the other old tweeter. I made one with the flash and one without a flash.

I had already bored out these pods for the old JL speakers.

Reactions: Tripod

·
Registered
209 Posts
Dang why did I use a spacer on my 6.5's? Now I'm gonna have to rip it all out and grind some more. That will be a project for a later date. :)

Sent while driving my SS no handed.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now the Rockford T series is a bit shallower than some of the others out there. So don't go ripping them out till you see if your magnets are deeper or wider than mine.

Reactions: RadioDR

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Nice! I'm running the JL's in mine with no issues yet. Enjoy them

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! I'm running the JL's in mine with no issues yet. Enjoy them
The JL held up well. I just baked mine and once I had one fail I started cranking the volume higher to compensate. So that got the other 3.
JL is warrantying them so ill have a set of C2 4" and C2 5.25" as a spare or for sale when I get them back.

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
2 questions...1 answer. :banghead:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
939 Posts
Believe I will be looking to up grade soon. Passenger side pods are crackling on our way back home from the Smokeys this past weekend.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I have posted before that I didn't like the highs that the C2 series had. Well I just finished installing these Rockford Fosgate Power Series and they are massively better. Not just a little. But insanely better. So much better that it actually makes me mad a tiny bit.

I knew the Memphis M series speakers that I have used in the past had a better sound than the JL speakers. But I went ahead and bought the JL because I thought a matched system would be nice for a change. Don't do that. Its just not the best way to build a system. I knew better but I did it anyway.

The other day I went to Birmingham and carried an empty pod with me. I went thru every speaker you can imagine. I finally found these and loved the fact that the 6" speaker ALMOST fit. I could see that if I had a small spacer they would work. I went into the room where they have all the speakers and stereos setup and listened to a ton of speakers. These stood out like the Memphis I had used in the past.

I bought the Rockford Fosgate brand Harley speaker adapter plates (they adapt 5.25 speaker to 6.5) and ground 1/2 of the thickness down. That was all I needed to get them to fit. Then on the 4" I just had to cut the entire flat area that the center goes in. And then just bolt them to the box.

There is one thing about these that many wont like. Well maybe more than one thing. First to all the people that spray the inside of their SS with a pressure washer, these ARE NOT weatherproof. Secondly only the 6" come with a grill. The 4" do not.

However I'm not installing a grill on any of them. I don't hit the speaker the way I keep my left leg crossed. And I asked my wife if she hit the speaker and she didn't. So this works for me. It wont be for everyone.

It also takes some power to make these shine. The way I wired each side this time it brought the resistance to 2.3ohm. I have the M400 JL amp running in bridge mode now driving each pod at a 2ohm load and they sound awesome. I don't care about having 4 channel sound like I had it wired before. You can't hear the surround anyway with them sitting in the same pod.

Reactions: RadioDR

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Well I'm running the C-5 coaxial and C-5 Component with rockford amp in my SSV pods, sound is amazing!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts