Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MP280-3-pin-male-and-female-12-14awg.jpg
After much research I finally found the connector end for the blank plug sitting behind the headlamps .... it is a Delphi 280 3 position plug ... easy access to 12v right where you need it for city lights or other leds upfront.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure there's power at that plug? I think you may be looking at the extra plug in the wiring harness in that area but it's not connected to anything. I think you'd need to add another relay and fuse, like this:
Fog Light Relay Kit for the Polaris Slingshot

p.s. I may not know what I'm talking about, I haven't added any extra lights.
I checked with a test light ... yes there is live power at this plug behind the outward headlamps ... your referencing the plug down below for fog lights which does need a fuse relay and switch.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just research .... I'm all about doing things custom ... it's half the fun.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Seems to me I saw the 2-conductor plug on a rack in my local AutoZone.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I said 2 wire. And headlight/fog as opposed to the horn connector. Your question "which one?" could have meant 'which light connector' or 'which of the two connectors that I showed you?'.

The point is, that style waterproof connector, whether 2 or 3 wire, may be available at AutoZone.

·
Registered
42 Posts
View attachment 162041 After much research I finally found the connector end for the blank plug sitting behind the headlamps .... it is a Delphi 280 3 position plug ... easy access to 12v right where you need it for city lights or other leds upfront.
@NWSS Do you happen to have a link to an online parts source that's speedy and reputable? I'm in the process of doing the Canadian Headlight Conversion on my 2016.5 SL and thought that I'd have to purchase the jumper from the dealership. Your research would save me a few bucks considering I had to purchase the left and right pods. Thanks for finding this information and sharing it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts