Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Bike or Car Guy ?

• Bike Guy (anything with less than 4 wheels)

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Car Guy (little or no bike experience)

Votes: 11 31.4%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things I think is great about the Slingshot is that it crosses motorsports borders but I have noticed some comments that I thought where strange until I realized they came from members with no motorcycle background at all and my perspective was very different than theirs. I think most agree that no matter its legal description the SS does blur the lines and not intending to infer an us against them mentality I thought it might be interesting to ask if you are primarily a bike, or car guy. No disrespect to lady riders intended.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Bikes forever, unless the weather is inclement (below 60 chance/ of rain) then a car will do .

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'm both.....I don't discriminate I like toys with wheels, engines, and even wings!

·
Registered
88 Posts
One of the things I think is great about the Slingshot is that it crosses motorsports borders but I have noticed some comments that I thought where strange until I realized they came from members with no motorcycle background at all and my perspective was very different than theirs. I think most agree that no matter its legal description the SS does blur the lines and not intending to infer an us against them mentality I thought it might be interesting to ask if you are primarily a bike, or car guy. No disrespect to lady riders intended.

I have owned a motorcycle for the past 30 years, in one form or another. I never felt as comfortable or happy driving it as I do in the slingshot. The only problem is everyone in front of you or in crossing traffic slows down to look at it. I'm like get the hell out of the way.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Car guy -- have never owned/operated a motorcycle. I admire/understand the appeal of them... just never took the bait.

·
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it has a motor I'm in but given an Elise and a Paningale parked next to each other and only allowed to pick one, for me it would be bike every time ;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Both been riding motorcycles since 1973 and have spent the last ten years in Corvettes. The Slingshot should be a nice cross between the two. The SS will slow me down a little as my last vette was a c6z06 and it was a beast.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Never been a gear head but have had a corvette or three in my life , I have been ridding motorcycles for 60 years so that tells something of my age. Having said that I figure it`s time for more than two wheels. I have been riding Can Am spyder for the last three years and now I think with slingshot sl I have found something to fulfill my old riding desires.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
let's see? Starting in the 60's - Honda trail 90's (borrowed), old Allstate motorcyle, 1946 ford, 62 MGA, Norton 750, Jaguar XKE, Corvairs (3), Fiat 850 spyder, Vega GT, numerous Corvettes (17), 54 MG TF, Suzuki 185 trail bike, Honda 360CL, Honda 550, Suzuki 800 and VS1400, Honda Valkyrie, three Suzuki Burgmans, 2 Prius Hybrids, Camry Hybrid, Slingshot Base (Waiting) ..... Hmmmmm over the years - Must be both, just a wheels man - also a few tractors, go carts, you name it - if it has wheels!

Reactions: Thomas Sleight
1 - 20 of 38 Posts