Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Good for you guys. I grew up in Northeast OH. The riding season was only about 6-7 months. You could go to the DMV, take a quick test, and get your temporary permit for just a few dollars. I did that for years and never bothered to get the full license. Years, and thousands of miles later, I decided to get back into riding and finally got the full license. I wish the safety courses were around when I first started. Would have made things a lot easier.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah, I rode on the "grey side" for quite a while. Around 10 years or so.

Ended up busting myself up pretty good on a YZ250f. Actually not on it, that was the problem. At the apex of a triple and I separated from the bike. The landing was far from graceful resulting in a couple surgeries. Lost my nerve after that. It's taken 15+ years to even think about 2 wheels again.

I wouldn't have done it without having the MSF BRC honestly. I rode a little TU250x during the 2 day class then took the knowledge test at IDOT. Had to wait 2.5 hours to take a test that literally took my 5 minutes to pass.

And here I am with a SS on order and looking for a used Buell or Ducati.

·
Registered
266 Posts
In Washington state, a motorcycle license is not currently required for the Slingshot. There is a 3-wheeler endorsement which is waived if the vehicle has seats, seatbelts, and a steering wheel. I'm intending to print out this page from the DOT website and storing it in the glovebox... just in case I encounter law enforcement who are unaware of that exemption.

·
Registered
410 Posts
you still in Ohio Ryder?
Nope. Moved away when I joined the Army back in 1993 and never moved back. Have some family near Akron and make it over once or twice a year.

Currently living in Northern, VA. It's okay. Job market is good, but traffic is some of the worst in the country. It's bad enough that I wish there was an automatic SS.

·
Registered
506 Posts
At last I can say there's one good thing about California. We don' t need a motorcycle endorsement.
But soon as the wife is able to retire were out of this state. There taking all our gun rights away.
What no more Wild..Wild..West!
No pun intended. Wait til they start smog test on motorcycles. California broke and no water.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
We finished our class last weekend. Luckily it was at night. Driving now to the DMV to get the new cards.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Even though we don't need a motorcycle endorsement I still plan on taking a class
for it. It'll save me on my insurance.
Plus when I move out of state I'll just be able to transfer it to the new state save me the hassle of having to take any tests.
Wild West depends were you live in this state. Some cities you best have a concealed license. At least it's easier to get a concealed thanks to the NRA.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The MSF course weather beginner or advanced, is something that not only every Rider benefits from but I think cagers should be required to take. Of course compassion for one another on the road these days doesn't exist but that added understanding of what a rider has to deal with is eye opening. I'm hoping I can talk my wife into a course since I know she'll want to drive at some point. The endorsement is required but the knowledge gained in the courses are invaluable.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just took and passed my MSF course this weekend and went to the DMV yesterday, now all I'm missing is my SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts