Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,158 Posts
I didnt realize how cheap the stock seats are made till I removed them and installed the PRP seats. They might hold up through warranty period if your lucky.

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually that plastic nipple "O" did I say "nipple", yeah well whatever it brakes really easy. Can't imagine that seat shifting forward in a hard stop or on a 1G curve. Centrifugal force will brake that plastic "nipple" O there I go again. This may have happened at the FIRM. That is why there is multipoint harness.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Checked ours, all OK, but there is a curiosity I came across where our SSSL was manufactured in March, we purchased it in May, but the stickers on the seat backs show 7/3/2015 and 9/3/2015? :confused:

Bill

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got a call from Cycle Sport CENTER in Orlando. Seats are in. Will also perform the wire harness recall. However I think my fix for the seats is better than stock.o_O hmmm? What to do?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Guys, I checked both of the seats in the sling last weekend- they have the same hex head bolts that are in @nemesis1701 's picture. My sling was purchased July, 2015, although the stickers on the seats say date of mfg 11/2015. (??) I'd give you the serial number, but I can't get to any paperwork, and the slingshot is temporarily staying at my son's house while I watch cement cure in the garage & driveway. Don't know if they caught their problem, and did a switch over to real bolts or what....

1 - 20 of 58 Posts