Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to install a new trickle charger today , got the wrong one oh well use it on the mower . But got ready to put the plate back on and thought, it was posted to check the cables going to the battery on here . The negative just fell off more or less - the positive was good and tight . After the cables are tight you got to shove the whole Bat back In and I think as they push them back in the cables bind and break loose on the post ... Thank you to whoever posted this problem the first time or I would of been stranded one day because of it .

·
Registered
263 Posts
I was doing the same thing but my negative cable was lose at the frame,looks like when they tightened the cable down it rotated the end against the frame,it was little more than hand tight.
20141207_060025.jpg
20141207_060038.jpg

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad we/you found this sitting in our garages instead of out on the road .I think after this I just might pack a small tool kit for just incase they rushed these machines into production a little too fast . Looking like they left the details to us to finish up on after we get them . 250 miles

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Your welcome...

Reactions: dinger

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got my ss home from dealer on the 4th, shut it off . went to restart..nothing, negitive cable was off. lucky i didn't stall driving home 30 degrees.. I think from factory the cable is off..truck driver reaches in and puts cable on enough to get off truck . other than that I love my new toy. I want to thank everyone on this forum . information is Priceless

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a few hundred clicks on her, and after lurking here for a bit - I decided to go check my battery. Ignorant location / placement by the way.
Upon loosening the block, and wedging it out... the neg terminate slid off! The pos terminal was just more than hand tight! So much for dealer prep.

Now - paranoid, going over lug nuts, and major fasteners...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was doing the same thing but my negative cable was lose at the frame,looks like when they tightened the cable down it rotated the end against the frame,it was little more than hand tight. View attachment 3428 View attachment 3429
on the ground connection , disconnect the ground from the frame turn thecable in toward the center of the veh and re-attach with the connect now flat to the frame.

·
Slingshot SL "KEEP OFF"
756 Posts
Thanx to the forum.....checked mine the day after purchase.....positive tight.....ground tight........negative off the battery o_O guess just removing the panel was enough to pop it up and off........:( FYI negative terminal can be checked by hand without removing the panel.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts