Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
$1000 isn't enough for a good system. You'll spend that on just the materials, then you have the install. If you're gonna install yourself good for you. I had the mod pods from jeep and hated the way they looked at sounded. I hit up keith at slingmods and couldn't be happier. I used Polk components in the front ssv pods and a Jl 10" sub in the ssv sub enclosure. I powered it with a fosgate 400watt amp mounted on the Inside of my storage area behind drivers seat. It sounds insane, but way more than a G for that. I can hear it clearly at over 100mph.
image.jpg image.jpg
The sub in this pic was a Polk it sounded good but nothing close to the JL Sub I have in it now.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
If you hear a fluttering noise and have the cover on the sub it's prolly the woofer hitting the cover. Mine did the same thing. I added 3/4 spacers to lift the cover away from the woofer more. Now it's perfect.
Yea I went a lil over my budget..spent roughly 1200 ..and yea I did the install myself..overall I'm happy but if I turn the gains on the sub over half ways, then I get that fluttering noise without the grill...its just the sub vibrating... Something I'm gonna have to live with

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Not above.

I dialed my amp in on three really clear songs. One country, one rap, and one rock. I set the gains so that it sounds good and that the highest volume on the BT controller was just below what I thought would hurt the speakers. I spent about 30-60 minutes until I thought it was good on each song.

It doesnt have to be perfect because my phone can adjust from Pop/ bass booster/ normal/ vocal / rock/ etc. My phone also can adjust custom EQ.

There are many songs I will listen on bass booster and other songs (mostly rap) that I listen or normal or custom EQ.
Find a good music player for your phone and it will work wonders.
What app are u using? Android or iPhone?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
There are a bunch of EQ and gain Apps. Most if the good ones require you to have root access. I use Viper FX. I will say it is about the best to use.

Reactions: TravAZ

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
If you hear a fluttering noise and have the cover on the sub it's prolly the woofer hitting the cover. Mine did the same thing. I added 3/4 spacers to lift the cover away from the woofer more. Now it's perfect.
3/4 in? Did you have to buy longer screws?

61 - 71 of 71 Posts