Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's extremely rare for it to be 36 degrees, no snow, clear, clean unsalted roads, even some sun peaking thru on Christmas Eve day in Minnesota! Which meant, that since I just got my SL last Friday, it was my first chance ever to take it for a spin before the cold, snow & ice do hit predicted for late this weekend.

Oh my god! I knew this would be fun, but damm girl! Even the wife strapped in and went for a brief run. Me on the other hand logged about 50 miles. Standard stuff that others have mentioned, first stop, top off the tank and get swarmed by everyone wondering what it was and who's the idiot driving in 30 degree temps in a convertible! People chasing me down on 2 lanes to catch up to get alongside, thumbs up etc,loved the attention.

The acceleration, the handling, the ride was fantastic, couldn't get enough of it! Didn't have a lot of twisty's here to hit, but don't care, was great nonetheless. I did experience from the get go, the high rpm hang, the low rpm drop and even died on me once at a stop, but even that doesn't distract much from the overall enjoyment I got from it today. I'm so glad I didn't have to wait until March or April until I experienced this. Although, maybe I just made the waiting worse until then?

To the guys still waiting, I feel for you, hang in there, it's worth it. Lovin it in Minnesota!

I took some video, but drained the battery which is recharging, when I can I see if I can post some of it.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Short video excerpt of my first ride today. Within the first minute you can see as I approach a stop sign I put in the clutch and it dies. Hope they figure this out. This is with less than 25 miles on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts