Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Best Camera 📷

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Baraboo.Ken 
#1 ·
Hello guys my slingshot should be here in a few more weeks I feel as if I need cameras any suggestions

#2 · (Edited)
That can be a very subjective topic. Lots of folks seem to like the GoPro line of cameras. Some of the Garmin cameras integrate GPS to display speed within the video. I don't really see the value in 4Kvideo, especially when posted to YouTube where it will most likely be viewed at 1080P, so I focus on 1080P cameras which are significantly less expensive. Newegg.com (action cams | Newegg.com), for example has action cams starting as low as $22 for a 1080P camera and 4K cameras staring at $44. My feeling is that at those prices, I can buy several cameras and if one gets lost, it isn't a severe wound to my wallet. Other source of inexpensive action cams are TomTop (Sport Camera, Best Sports Cam, Action Camera for Sale Online at Tomtop.com) and Banggood (Sports Camera & Accessories items on sale - Banggood Online USA).
Hopefully, others will post info on what they use.
Good Luck.

#4 ·
To add on to my earlier reply. Try to find the lowest cost action cam with decent quality n terms of positive reviews and then try to find other online reviews and buy one or two along with a slection of accessory mounts so you can place your camera just about any place you can think of. Also, when mounting your cam(s), I recommend finding some means such as cable ties or straps to secure the camera(s) to a secure frame point in case the mount lets loose. Cheap insurance for a worst case secnario.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.