Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing that in all the pictures posted of your Slingshot drive belt and rear wheel, none of them seem to have the guard that's on mine, one that covers the rear belt pulley. None of the Slings in the dealership had them, even the ones that were received at the same time as mine (2016.5, shipped from factory in April '17). It doesn't appear to be an option, or even available on 3rd party websites.

Just curious if anyone else out there has this cover?

20170513_162715.jpg
20170513_162728.jpg

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've been noticing that in all the pictures posted of your Slingshot drive belt and rear wheel, none of them seem to have the guard that's on mine, one that covers the rear belt pulley. None of the Slings in the dealership had them, even the ones that were received at the same time as mine (2016.5, shipped from factory in April '17). It doesn't appear to be an option, or even available on 3rd party websites.

Just curious if anyone else out there has this cover?

View attachment 125385 View attachment 125393
wow...never seen that one...it's cool

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Looks like somebody shipped it with a prototype guard, I bet polaris would like that one back.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@WraithSS Ok, so you're in Montclair, VA. You didn't buy your ride in Unionville, VA, did you?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's not mine. Just another Slingshot that I have seen with that particular belt guard.
I did buy my Slingshot from Coleman Powersports though.
Ah. Ok. I was grasping, thinking it was something the dealer did.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was speaking to my dealer the other day and he is getting more 2016.5 carry overs from Europe next month. Apparently they are not moving as quick there and Polaris is bringing some back. If I remember correctly he is getting 6, which should all have this style belt guard.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was speaking to my dealer the other day and he is getting more 2016.5 carry overs from Europe next month. Apparently they are not moving as quick there and Polaris is bringing some back. If I remember correctly he is getting 6, which should all have this style belt guard.
This gets better with each post!
So, maybe I need to talk with my service manager to see if there are any other "euro" features that I might need to be aware of, like wiring.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So stopped at the dealer today, told them about the info gleaned here about overseas sales, and they were going to contact Polaris directly to see if there are any version-itis issues to be concerned about.

Also inquired about the guard itself. It's available and can be ordered by your local dealer if you are so inclined, it's not a "not available in the US" item. I didn't ask a price, but I figured money is no object for a Sling owner......:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Part # 5452651 is the additional piece that wraps around the belt for $12. It would be interesting to see if it will fit the USA guard !

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Part # 5452651 is the additional piece that wraps around the belt for $12. It would be interesting to see if it will fit the USA guard !
It might fit, but the one I have is heat-welded together so it becomes one piece.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts