Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Being stuck inside doesn't help Polaris with finish issues..

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  BKL 
#1 ·
Delivering the SS in the winter has given me way more time than I usually get to go over the fit and finish of a bike. I know this isn't an excuse but I just noticed that I was out in the garage staring at the SS and was finding many issues that I'm not sure I would have in the summer.

#4 ·
I am enjoying mine, I can hardly wait to get to Florida for the winter when I can ride it every day. I waited long enough to get it. It is a new vehicle and I know there will be issues, but Polaris I am hoping, will address the major ones, they have only been on the road a little over a month so I will hope for the best. Go buy a first year BMW and see how quick they respond. Dont sweat it so much, get one and have fun!

#3 ·
I have absolutely "Zero" problem with mine. But then I have not received mine neighter. But when I do, I'm pretty sure that all those list problem that were mentioned here on the forum will come up. But until then the list of problem still is growing. I feel your pain brothers and sisters.

#10 ·
I have been thinking about it. I have taken all the painted parts apart several times. I just can't bring myself to lay that first piece of sandpaper on it. I kind of want Polaris to fix the parts on mine that are real bad first.

Reactions: Kip
#11 ·
IMHO, Here's the problem:

The SS is a fantastic idea. I expect to have more fun in it than I can describe. I salute Polaris for having the brass to attempt this thing:

Again, It's an AWESOME concept, But, It is executed as a $15,000 concept, not a $24,000 concept.

I'm going to enjoy it at the price I paid, but I think Polaris would have had a happier experience if they priced it as what it is.

:) (Just to keep everybody happy)

#16 ·
IMHO, Here's the problem:

The SS is a fantastic idea. I expect to have more fun in it than I can describe. I salute Polaris for having the brass to attempt this thing:

Again, It's an AWESOME concept, But, It is executed as a $15,000 concept, not a $24,000 concept.

I'm going to enjoy it at the price I paid, but I think Polaris would have had a happier experience if they priced it as what it is.

:) (Just to keep everybody happy)
I gotta agree w/Otter.I can forgive snowmobile or off-road QC. Polaris experiences with the Victory and Indian motorcycles should have prepared them for a higher level of QC expectation. Great concept with features not available on similar, even more over-priced products like the T-rex or Morgan. At its current pricing, the QC certainly seems to be lacking. At any pricing level, I can't forgive the safety issues. Having a vehicle die when making a left turn across traffic isn't good. Even worse would be having a vehicle unexpectedly surge forward! If the over-revving issue hasn't been fixed by the time I get a call from my dealer saying the Texas DMV no longer has its head in a dark hole, I don't know what I will do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.