Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning boys and girls, @Stickerdick of Three's da Life and @ivor of SlingShotRoadsters.com set off on a three day tour to begin the long and treacherous work of planning the first of 4 events that SlingShot Roadsters is putting on this year.

I'm hoping that after you read and see just what does have to happen for one of these events to grow and blossom, you will understand why there are registration fees for these events.

The first leg of our journey has already begun as @ivor has already begun his 3.5 hour drive up to the wilds of North Florida to meet-up with his cohort for the next three days..... @Stickerdick !

We then will travel up to Maggie Valley, North Carolina and spend the next three days dealing with Hotel owners, city officials, various land owners, business owners and the folks who just don't understand what or who Polaris SlingShots are and why Maggie Valley want or need them to come in droves to their little town.

After you see the struggles and hardships @ivor faces and what I , @Stickerdick have to deal with in sharing a room with @ivor , that maybe, just maybe you will understand that while you could just come up and tag along on one of the many wonderful rides without paying the registration fee, you will feel a little better about the value you receive and the warm fuzzy feelings you will have knowing that you have helped @ivor to keep these events growing and be part of the legend that is to become with the SlingShots of the Smokies 2016 and the other three events to follow. Hope you will tag this thread and follow along with our adventure..... Talk Again real soon from the road.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trip to Maggie Valley is about to begin. The Three's da Life! Road tour is off!
20160116_092823.jpg
20160116_080746_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
626 Posts
as Ivor already knows herding cats is quite an experience. Thanks for your work. Also keep in mind many of us stay in the area for alot longer than the ralley.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Ivor & StickerDick
You Two Are Becoming a Awesome Team
carol & i realize that it takes a lot for Ivor to Organize & Run these great Events he has created.
It is Super-Duper-Grand that you - StickerDick - are assisting Ivor - - carol & i - - Thank-You
we are looking forward to see you two and the rest of the gang at
"SlingShots in the Smokies - 2016"
....................................................................... tom n carol
thank-you.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The road trip is starting off kinda slow. Both @ivor and I had to stop at ATM..... Now we are on the road.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
North of Savannah and we've stopped for lunch at Arbys. @ivor has never had Arbys so I had to explain that Fast Food will be a HUGE part of this trip when you ride with my white trash self. I did decide we could not do the drive thru and we are inside eating. Welcome to America Ivor!;)o_O
portrait_of_stan_lee_by_davidratajczak-d8bczs5.jpg

·
Registered
557 Posts
Have a safe journey you two!! Registration fees make the event!!!

·
W.H.O.R.E. (We Haul Our Ride Everywhere)
1,601 Posts
This morning boys and girls, @Stickerdick of Three's da Life and @ivor of SlingShotRoadsters.com set off on a three day tour ..... Talk Again real soon from the road.
I'm glad to hear it's a three day tour not a three hour tour. I'd hate to see the two of you end up like Gilligan and the Skipper. As I remember they had no Slingshots to play with... oh wait a minute, they had Ginger and Mary Ann damn I'm wishin' I was with you guys now ! :banghead::banghead: :D:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Arthur's has good food. Go to Waynesville an eat at Bogart's. Town is kinda interesting. Food is great.... Not as fancy as Arthur's. Not many places to eat in Maggie this time of year.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I'm glad to hear it's a three day tour not a three hour tour. I'd hate to see the two of you end up like Gilligan and the Skipper. As I remember they had no Slingshots to play with... oh wait a minute, they had Ginger and Mary Ann damn I'm wishin' I was with you guys now ! :banghead::banghead: :D:D
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
You could always go to Fat Buddies Ribs & BBQ . That is the place that catered for the SSITS15. We went there back in Oct. when we were there looking at the leaves fall. Good Food

1 - 20 of 43 Posts