Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Most of you know that I was getting an SS SL already and dealer called today and said it was in! I was not expecting it in for a couple months yet, but I guess they got 2 of the SL models in instead of 1 of each.

Few questions for you guys before I pick it up. (they have 2 of the SL units in and I can pick which 1 i want) I am kind of picky and with some of the defect/QC issues I have seen i will make sure to pick the best one. I feel I can be picking since I am spending over 24k. LOL

• What should I look for before taking it home? Defects or QC issues with body panels? Where is the most common areas for issues on the body panels?
  • What does the speedometer bubble issue look like is it easy to notice?
  • Any other things I should look for?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Congratulations gjewison!!:)

• What should I look for before taking it home?
The key, and a full tank of gas!:D
It looks like you have read up on most of issues listed in the forum, you will be fine!
I am looking forward to seeing us Minnesota guys cruising around. Don't forget to keep an eye on Turbosling. He is setting up a couple of track days at Brainerd Raceway for some one on one professional driver training.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations gjewison!!:)

The key, and a full tank of gas!:D
It looks like you have read up on most of issues listed in the forum, you will be fine!
I am looking forward to seeing us Minnesota guys cruising around. Don't forget to keep an eye on Turbosling. He is setting up a couple of track days at Brainerd Raceway for some one on one professional driver training.
Ya I just seen the "checklist" in another thread that should take care of most of the questions I had in here.

We will all have to hook up someday this summer and cruise around MN, I am sure there will be a few of us that could do it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Practice smiling now so your face doesn't hurt so much after you drive it. Yes there are some issues. But My glass is more than half full.

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
Hey everyone,

Most of you know that I was getting an SS SL already and dealer called today and said it was in! I was not expecting it in for a couple months yet, but I guess they got 2 of the SL models in instead of 1 of each.

Few questions for you guys before I pick it up. (they have 2 of the SL units in and I can pick which 1 i want) I am kind of picky and with some of the defect/QC issues I have seen i will make sure to pick the best one. I feel I can be picking since I am spending over 24k. LOL

• What should I look for before taking it home? Defects or QC issues with body panels? Where is the most common areas for issues on the body panels?
  • What does the speedometer bubble issue look like is it easy to notice?
  • Any other things I should look for?
I will just say, I looked at one other than mine and it seems the side panel driver's side is the roughest. Look at the top front edge. The one fix my toys has is better than mine, though still the roughest panel finish.

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
Yeah, that is worse than mine. I did bring it to my dealers attn. I think they might be getting a new one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts