Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there that has a gray one with the SL wheels that has painted the calipers red. Im trying to visualize the look and I can't. I know you can see a bunch of the rotor and caliper now that I have changed wheels. If you have a red or gray one with any wheels and have painted the calipers please post a pic here.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Rabtech - do what I did. Get some red electrical tape and cover the caliper. See what you think before you paint. The electrical tape is obviously elastic and can be put into all sorts of shapes so you can get good coverage.

Here is mine while I was experimenting with the red accents on mine...

003_compressed.jpg
004_compressed.jpg

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Didn't you say it was a tricky job to get them off to paint?
No. To paint all you would have to do it is tape up the brake line and a few other bits.

I keep looking ay mine and I think Black is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
With the red accents on the gray SS the red calipers would be cool. Black probably with the grey would look good. Obviously red calipers with SL. Ofcourse I wear brown shoes with my tux.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
With the red accents on the gray SS the red calipers would be cool. Black probably with the grey would look good. Obviously red calipers with SL. Ofcourse I wear brown shoes with my tux.
TUX? What's a TUX? They don't have those in Florida

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've done this on a few cars. I guess it depends on what you'll do with your SS. Will it stay grey?

If so, I'd go red or possibly yellow.

And ditch the Duplicor. Go with G2. This stuff is incredible. Use the supplied break cleaner to clean, mask off and paint the calipers using foam brushes. 2-3 quick coats. Stuff goes on thick, but dries super smooth and super glossy. Check the reviews - outside of powder coating, this is THE way to go for DIY:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Rabtech - do what I did. Get some red electrical tape and cover the caliper. See what you think before you paint. The electrical tape is obviously elastic and can be put into all sorts of shapes so you can get good coverage.

View attachment 3774 View attachment 3775
I really like what you've done there. I think the SS would look great wrapped in white satin pearl with a mix of the black accents and some red (mirrors, bottom front splitter and even perhaps the brake lit fin and the front nose bit that says 'polaris' or even the recessed Polaris letters in red).

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I've done this on a few cars. I guess it depends on what you'll do with your SS. Will it stay grey?

And ditch the Duplicor. Go with G2. This stuff is incredible. Use the supplied break cleaner to clean, mask off and paint the calipers using foam brushes. 2-3 quick coats. Stuff goes on thick, but dries super smooth and super glossy. Check the reviews - outside of powder coating, this is THE way to go for DIY:

Just saw a "How-To" using this stuff (G 2) on YouTube, looked fairly easy once you got the caliper off.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Agreed. I will order the G2 today and add that to the mix.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts

View attachment 3774 View attachment 3775
Tango, Is the Red in your pics already painted or is it the electrical tape you referred to? Either way, it looks like a nice contrast. Post full pics when you finish, please.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

The duplicolor I have used before. It looks like baked enamel when its painted on. And its smooth as silk. However the G2 is probably just as good. I bet they both have the same goop in the paint that stirs up.

Reactions: DKF Texas
1 - 20 of 63 Posts