Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a long list about radio stations not coming in clear. This is just a FYI on anybody considering it.
I purchased a high grade marine antenna ( ran the cable under the SS) used a good stainless steel ground cable which I grounded directly to the battery. Temporarily put the antenna on the top back deck of the SS. Seems to be worse then the stock antenna. 馃槨 I鈥檓 even getting some tips from a guy who鈥檚 been doing car audio for over 20 yrs.
is it possible it could just be the stock radios in the SS?

Registered
In my 2016 I use the a memory stick and the USB port in the glove box. sound in very good... I've got $5.00 ears and don't need $1,000.00 stereo system.
YUP. It's a form of transportation, not a damn juke box. I'm on a RAV4 forum. You should read the wailing and gnashing of teeth because they can't use their phones to play their 5000 item selection music collection. My RAV has AM, FM, SIRIUS and a CD player. If that can't keep them entertained, they need a new pair of shoes and a Walkman.

Registered
It鈥檚 nice to be able to pick up the weather stations though while traveling....
Also if you have ever crossed Kansas or Nebraska, you will find the radio a godsend.
That being said, I am going to work on better reception from the stock radio soon.

Registered
I crossed and RECROSSED (a week later) Nebraska in the summer of 1964. In the summer. During a drought. In a 1962 Chevy BelAir with NO AC and an AM only radio. With my new wife, a six week old baby, and the in-laws.
That trip is seared into my memory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts