Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well at 309 miles on the SS some not so smart person ran Into the back of me at a stoplight this afternoon. I'm fine, the slingshot is drive able but there is some plastics that might need to be replaced. I have it at the dealer being looked at.

Thankfully traffic was stopped with two in front of me. She was stopped behind me texting. The light turned green, she looked up and saw green and went. None of us in front of her had gone yet. So very low speed, but it was an Oldsmobile, and beefy.

I'm posting her more than anything to remind everyone to be ever vigilant. We have people taking our pictures all the time. Drooling over the slingshots and its a risk that is there every day.

Safe driving. And here is hoping I get good news and quick parts availability to get the SS back on the road.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, is there a prize for that? I'll take it!

I personally think I deserve something for not strangling the distracted driver.....

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Sorry, Mitch, I know how excited you were to drive it!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well at 309 miles on the SS some not so smart person ran Into the back of me at a stoplight this afternoon. I'm fine, the slingshot is drive able but there is some plastics that might need to be replaced. I have it at the dealer being looked at.

Thankfully traffic was stopped with two in front of me. She was stopped behind me texting. The light turned green, she looked up and saw green and went. None of us in front of her had gone yet. So very low speed, but it was an Oldsmobile, and beefy.

I'm posting her more than anything to remind everyone to be ever vigilant. We have people taking our pictures all the time. Drooling over the slingshots and its a risk that is there every day.

Safe driving. And here is hoping I get good news and quick parts availability to get the SS back on the road.
Sorry to hear that Mitch but glad you're OK. Same thing happended to me in my Jeep Wrangler last year. As useful as cell phones are they can be a bloody social nuisance too.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

I personally think I deserve something for not strangling the distracted driver.....

Check with sligmods he has carbon fiber parts coming maybe it will work out so she pays for some cool mods!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I only hate two things and people who play with their phone while driving are both of them .

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Glad you are ok , I swear, I wish they would force every cell company to have a GPS lockout on the phone so when you are moving you cannot text or receive a message.
:stop: Bad drivers will be bad drivers. If they didn't have a functioning phone, they would find something else to distract them enough to cause an accident. :banghead:

Glad you are OK and I hope that person has insurance.

Maybe we should get together and send your SS a "Get well soon card!" :)

Reactions: Painter

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Sorry to hear that Mitch! Just rip off the body panels and go NAKED! :eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did she contact the tire? Oh, and sorry to hear. It'll be good as new again.
Yes, her car rode up on the tire, that is how/why the backend was hit. (There was paint transfer to the tire.) The wheel seems to be ok, and it was slow/straight on pressure so hopefully nothing is bent. But they are digging into it tomorrow.

She was insured, and the cop was more than willing to get the police report done as she had no idea how much the damage could be....

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man....I'm sorry but glad to hear you weren't hurt. Time to customize!!!:D
I know! Come on vendors! License Plate bracket, Carbon Fiber on the rear, etc are all possible options!

Granted hoping that the plastics don't have to get replaced....none are "cracked" so there is a little hope. (Totally grasping at straws and thin air....)

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I know! Come on vendors! License Plate bracket, Carbon Fiber on the rear, etc are all possible options!

Granted hoping that the plastics don't have to get replaced....none are "cracked" so there is a little hope. (Totally grasping at straws and thin air....)
Any pics of the damage?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts