Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
HI, welcome to the site, I'm in Mission, I'm more into back roads as I feel it's the slingshots home and where it rules but i will do some highway cruising as well. When are you usually free? I'm off work Fridays an Saturdays and week days after 2. Have a good 1
Welcome to the site, I live out in Port Kells (Surrey)Just let me know when you plan on heading out and i will try to make it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am in Chilliwack with another Slingshot owner. Couple of us so far are planning on meeting every Thursday evening around 6PM at the Cottonwood Mall south east corner parking lot. From there depending on how many arrive and the weather etc, we will go for a cruise around the area. I try to attend a car show or motorcycle event every weekend during the summer/fall and look forward to a group of us going to a few ???. Also I am retired so usually available to do a ride during the day light hours with a little bit of advance notice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys! Just got my slingshot a couple of weeks ago. I'm in Surrey but if anyone sets up a weekend ride please message me. Either in the valley or towards Whistler is cool. If I can make the time I would like to come. Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi guys! Just got my slingshot a couple of weeks ago. I'm in Surrey but if anyone sets up a weekend ride please message me. Either in the valley or towards Whistler is cool. If I can make the time I would like to come. Thanks!
Welcome to the site Jaspreet. There is a customer appreciation this Saturday at Sea to Sky Motor Sports. Not sure on the times. But it would be nice to see all the SS riders there so we can take off on a run. Let me know if this works for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the site Jaspreet. There is a customer appreciation this Saturday at Sea to Sky Motor Sports. Not sure on the times. But it would be nice to see all the SS riders there so we can take off on a run. Let me know if this works for you.
What time on Saturday? I am there in the morning getting an oil change done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What time on Saturday? I am there in the morning getting an oil change done.
There will be two of us from Chilliwack there around 10 - 10:30 AM
Also both of us well be at Cottonwood Mall (Chilliwack) on Thursday (Aug 25)
from 6:00 - PM - 9:00 PM if anyone wants to meet up with us.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Welcome to the site. How are you liking your new slingshot? Not sure if I can make this weekend but if not hopefully next time

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
There will be two of us from Chilliwack there around 10 - 10:30 AM
Also both of us well be at Cottonwood Mall (Chilliwack) on Thursday (Aug 25)
from 6:00 - PM - 9:00 PM if anyone wants to meet up with us.
Let me know if you want to go for a ride on friday, I should be free from around 11 to 3

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Well its finally starting to rain and melt this white crap which is making me very itchy to get out the sling. Looking so.... forward to another awesome season. Hope to hook up with some of you again and meet some new folks too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well its finally starting to rain and melt this white crap which is making me very itchy to get out the sling. Looking so.... forward to another awesome season. Hope to hook up with some of you again and meet some new folks too.
I feel the same way. Just itching to get out there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Got my insurance and Sling is all cleaned up, if anyone wants to get together for a ride let me know. I'm usually good to go sun-thur 2:30-5:00, and fri,sat any time

·
Registered
26 Posts
bclogo.jpg

Created a new Facebook Group page "Slingshot SWARM Cruisers - B.C."
Polaris Slingshot Owners are invited to "swarm" (attend) events in order to meet regularly and support our lifestyle.
Please join group so we can form a viable club.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Everyone,

My son, going through a midlife crisis, just purchased a Slingshot SL. Unfortunately he's in Ontario, and I know we won't hold that against him, which means I will not get an opportunity to test drive his anytime soon. I was active member on 1130cc.com forum as I had a VRSCR. Sadly I had to sell it a few years ago due to arthritis in my left hand. So I now have the bug to see one of these but I see the closet dealer is in the Langley area. I doubt they are very many dealers, if any, in this area, ,

Anyway's just say hi to all and I'll be on the side watching this thread, , ;)

Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Everyone, My son, going through a midlife crisis, just purchased a Slingshot SL. Unfortunately he's in Ontario, and I know we won't hold that against him, which means I will not get an opportunity to test drive his anytime soon. I was active member on 1130cc.com forum as I had a VRSCR. Sadly I had to sell it a few years ago due to arthritis in my left hand. So I now have the bug to see one of these but I see the closet dealer is in the Langley area. I doubt they are very many dealers, if any, in this area, ,Anyway's just say hi to all and I'll be on the side watching this thread, , ;) Brian
Most of us have put our SS away here as the rainy season is upon us. However on a nice sunny day you can come see my sling. email me ....briguy63 AT outlook.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most of us have put our SS away here as the rainy season is upon us. However on a nice sunny day you can come see my sling. email me ....briguy63 AT outlook.com
Thanks Carbuilder, as per the weather please let me know when it is a good day for you, I'm retired so most days are good for me,

clovercreek at optionsdsl.ca

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. Is this forum still active? Any lower mainland Slingshot owner on this forum still? I have been eyeing a new Slingshot for a while now. Just a couple of questions, if you guys can help me answer:

1. For those in the lower mainland, do you guys drive it in HOV lanes? Ever had any problem with the police?
2. Does anybody drive it in the rain? Any issues with traction / stability etc?
3. Any regrets buying the Slingshot? Any reliability issues?

I have a long commute on highway 1 - and commuting on my motorcycle in the rain and cold can be a drag at times! That's why I'm thinking about getting a Slingshot. Thanks guys!

41 - 60 of 90 Posts