Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
where do I purchase the 12V lighter plug end so I can charge the same way you describe?
Most of the time it's included as part of the charger kit. Sometimes you can purchase it separately. Worst case, buy one at an auto parts store and make it yourself.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey all, new Slingshot owner here. Bought a used 2016 and ran into the need to jump it immediately. Seems the Polaris guys never considered that a possibility! Wanting to do two things: install a quick disconnect since I’ll be storing the Sling through the Indiana winters and 2) external jump posts would sure make life a lot easier when needed. Any advice, links or experiences to share would be greatly appreciated!
I bought a pocket lithium battery jumper...hooked up to positive term. on alt. and body grd. and it started up...no issues..also I could plug my charger into the 110v outlet on my jeep and hook to my trickle charge plug on my battery that hangs out of battery compartment and charge for a while enough to start....good luck

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
where do I purchase the 12V lighter plug end so I can charge the same way you describe?
If you don't have a battery tender, you might want to get one, along with the accessory plug TXSteve listed above and you're all set. These are only good for "maintaining" an already charged battery; they won't charge a dead/low one. I have several of these for my tractor, truck, lawn mower, etc, during winter months when they sit for long periods.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BATTERY-...=sem&msclkid=027a2276aa461b30a8c37e3dcbc92a4a

Reactions: slinghigh

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Most of the time it's included as part of the charger kit. Sometimes you can purchase it separately. Worst case, buy one at an auto parts store and make it yourself.
D'oh!
Misplaced my 12V lighter adapter, so that's exactly what I had to do today. Fortunately, I had all the correct connectors on hand, so just had to solder them together.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I installed the slingmods ports on my 2015 sl and love them. I actually put my positive air horn terminal on the port and didn't have to mess with the battery compartment.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts