Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
me too, it wasn't until recently that I learned that the ride command gives a bit more info like that, but I keep forgetting because I don't have one :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
@wokka I have to get this thing to start because I was asked to drive it in the Veterans day parade on Nov. 10th. Nearest repair center is 90 miles away plus I would have to borrow a trailer. If I take out just one of the fuses located in the battery compartment and I put my volt meter in the pin coming from the pos. term of the battery and the other to ground then what I read there should be the actual voltage of the battery, correct? i already had those fuses out and can read continuity across their leads so I can assume to take that to be a good thing. My battery is 3 years old but the terminals look clean and have been greased up at one point and I see no lose wires or connectors. I will check that the ground strap (wire) is getting a good ground. My big hold up now is getting the battery hold down clamp off of the battery. I have the one nut off but it still looks like something is holding it on the other side of the battery. This clamp goes up and over the battery. The video only shows one small hold down block that he removed to get his battery out. Appreciate and advice. Thanks gina

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yes, putting your voltmeter on either the positive terminal, or a fuse lead that goes to the positive terminal should give you an accurate reading. Use your ground strap for the ground side of the voltmeter.

We see a lot of posts about similar symptoms, most of the time it's a bad battery or connection.

You said that you have a 2016, per this parts break out, there are two screws holding the back side of the bracket to thhe frame : https://www.polarispartsmonster.com/oemparts/a/pol/5639e64387a86607c020a7ab/electrical-components-2-all-options

On my 2019, when I removed my battery, I found it easier to have the rear end jacked up, so I could see things better.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Guys battery voltage 5.6V. Took battery out (difficult) bought new one Interstate with more cranking amps. Hardest part getting bolt in positive terminal and getting the hold down case back on the new battery. That is where I left off at. Tomarrow I hope to get everything back together. Thanks again
Love this forum
gina

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone know if the two cigarette lighter plugs on my 16 SS are hot all the time, also would putting a trickle charge using those plugs help keep the battery charged when not in use

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Anyone know if the two cigarette lighter plugs on my 16 SS are hot all the time, also would putting a trickle charge using those plugs help keep the battery charged when not in use
Like wokka said, the one between teh seats is hot all the time, and many of us have used it with a battery tender to keep the battery peaked during idle months.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts