Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't look like my local dealership is going to budge on MSRP. That's fine, better than what is happening to some of the C7 Corvette buyers like getting charged 10-15% more than MSRP.

What kind of numbers, higher or lower, than MSRP are others' getting?

19,999.00 Base Price
Double Bubble Windshield
920 Freight
1223.95 Taxes

Subtotal 22,542.94

-1000 Down Payment
-300 Insurance Discount

Total 21,242.94

·
Registered
4 Posts
You are lucky. My local dealer marked up $4000 for both models + unknown installation fees for any options

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
Lufkin Power Sports in Lufkin, TX made me a similar offer, just a few dollars more. Much less than Houston area dealers.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
You are lucky. My local dealer marked up $4000 for both models + unknown installation fees for any options
The problem was a month ago many dealers were trying to charge large premiums. If you have a deposit with that dealer cancel your reservation get your deposit back and tell them to kiss your royal behind. Today there are dealers all across the USA that don't even charge freight much less a premium. Call all the dealers in your area and find one that will work with you. By the way what is the name of that dealer that wants $4,000 above MSRP?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Contacted about 10 dealerships upto 100 miles away and pretty much struck out. Gonna wait until next spring, let the dust settle, and try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
Other than me, has anyone looked into querying Polaris to see if they are going to offer a Hero's Metal Discount (Military Discount) like they do now for the Victory motorcycle. I have not heard back from them yet. If we veterans keep asking and pushing for one, chances are they will.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Other than me, has anyone looked into querying Polaris to see if they are going to offer a Hero's Metal Discount (Military Discount) like they do now for the Victory motorcycle. I have not heard back from them yet. If we veterans keep asking and pushing for one, chances are they will.
I was told by my dealer that the Vet discount is offered on Victory (and maybe Indian, can't remember that specifically) and that it's not offered on any Polaris branded offerings.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I agree! I am not a veteran myself, but I firmly believe in honoring our military! They have sacrificed more than any of us can imagine. The least we can do is recognize their service whenever possible!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts