Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just looking around instagram at #slingshot pictures and found a couple out there from people/dealers saying they have their first Slingshot demo. All pictures were of the base model.

I checked the website of this dealer and they say they have it on the floor and there are pictures on their instagram to prove it.

See here - http://www.phillyslingshot.com/

And on instagram at PHILLY_CYCLE

Maybe one of our members can swing by or call and get the scoop on how the managed to get the first one?!:writing: :pompus: Who bet on Philly for this?o_O

LET THE MADNESS BEGIN! (I hope) :punch:pew:punch:pew:punch:pew

·
Registered
796 Posts
That means they really ARE starting to ship! Won't be long now! Thanks for sharing the good news!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in the Philly area and this dealer emailed me a few days ago to let me know that they would have one on the showroom floor for people to see this Thursday, Friday, Monday, and Tuesday. They also said no test drives. I already have mine ordered through another dealer near me but was thinking about stopping by to check it out. I think it is just a unit that Polaris has out making the rounds from what they told me.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping it wasn't one of Polaris' demos that were on tour in that area. They made it sound like it was "their" demo. :mad: It was a little suspicious because they only had one coming off a smaller trailer.

It looks so new and nice though.....:snaphappy:

·
Registered
541 Posts
My bet is that Polaris is spreading the factory demos around to areas that haven't seen the SS yet. The above mentioned dealer in Philly sort of conforms that opinion in that it'll only be there a few days then on to somewhere else for show & tell.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the real question..... Is it one of the prototypes or a production model?

It looks barely used and has reflectors, so I am guessing it is a production model. :woot:

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
You can see the VIN number in some of the pictured posted earlier today.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Was just looking around instagram at #slingshot pictures and found a couple out there from people/dealers saying they have their first Slingshot demo. All pictures were of the base model.

I checked the website of this dealer and they say they have it on the floor and there are pictures on their instagram to prove it.

Maybe one of our members can swing by or call and get the scoop on how the managed to get the first one?!:writing: :pompus: Who bet on Philly for this?o_O

Just got home from Philly Cycles; Juan led me to the back room, where a grey Slingshot was being stored for the night. He tells me there is a motorcycle event tomorrow at Penn's Landing here in Philly; the Slingshot will be there.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
I'm sure it will be the same. Just looks like this is number 33 off the line

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yes Polaris is getting demo SS into dealers hands. I called one of the dealers in my area
Sacramento Ca and they'll have both Models October 1st. Can only look take pictures and sit in it. At least I'll get to see it up close.

·
Vendor
554 Posts

That means they really ARE starting to ship! Won't be long now! Thanks for sharing the good news!
I was hoping it wasn't one of Polaris' demos that were on tour in that area. They made it sound like it was "their" demo. :mad: It was a little suspicious because they only had one coming off a smaller trailer.

It looks so new and nice though.....:snaphappy:
Here is the real question..... Is it one of the prototypes or a production model?

It looks barely used and has reflectors, so I am guessing it is a production model. :woot:
ran the vin you posted in the Dealer Portal..... Enjoy ;)

upload_2014-9-20_12-31-41.png

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Wonder if MR. Ting would let us test drive it....

·
Vendor
554 Posts
Wonder if MR. Ting would let us test drive it....

It would be risky, Polaris really shafted him giving only 1 day of warranty :p

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
I bet he has an insider at Polaris. He probably gets all the swag.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts