Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't have it yet... but I think I'll install it soon. Though, I have a whole shelf at kitchen BBQ related. By the way, where do you buy baker racks from? I have no idea in what store should I look for and find a proper one... My wife and I are now renovating our kitchen, and she wants to add some things, so it would look comfortable and clean. We've read the reviews on best baker racks and now we at least know what we want. Gladly there's given a link to amazon so if we don't find a suitable one in our nearest shops we'll have to order it. Well, at least it is easier now as we know what we want, but anyway I'd like to know where else I could be looking for?

·
Registered
19 Posts
A friend of mine with a SS bought the Baker racks and they were not made correctly. Baker would not take the incorrect one back and fix the problem. Very uncooperative. My friend ended up at a metal fabricator having some cutting and welding done to make the rack fit. Because of that, I wouldn’t buy Baker.
They made me 3 sets and all were POOR design and did not fit correct and finally I corrected them myself

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I still have these for sale for all model years. $325/pair shipped.

ssblueracks.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have u made extensions that are removable? Those of us with a top lose out on space. Just curious if you have built anything that would accommodate that.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Have u made extensions that are removable? Those of us with a top lose out on space. Just curious if you have built anything that would accommodate that.
I haven't but it wouldn't be hard to come up with something. Obviously the farther back you move them the less rigid they would be but they have strength to spare. The other issue is that the driver's side rack would interfere with the ability to fuel up, requiring either a hole in it for a fuel hose which would hurt the looks, or a hinge which complicates the construction and increases cost. For those with tops, I personally like the rooftop racks which offer a lot of luggage capacity.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts