Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who actually has the STINGER top, ever installed the Baker luggage racks?

Just looking and not having one in hand, it appears that the luggage clamp that goes on the inside of the roll hoop might have a problem with the Stinger bracket.
If anyone has this system, please let me know if the Stinger brace causes a problem connecting the rack.

We're really looking hard for a rack that will work. Wife and I would like to do a little traveling.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
@ENCORE The stinger top requires the inside arm of the luggage racks to be 1 1/4" shorter than the outside arm because of the bracket that sandwiches the roll hoops. I can make my luggage racks to order to work with the stinger top if you are interested.
ssracksmodified.jpg

ssmadstatdrack.jpg

·
Registered
121 Posts
A friend of mine with a SS bought the Baker racks and they were not made correctly. Baker would not take the incorrect one back and fix the problem. Very uncooperative. My friend ended up at a metal fabricator having some cutting and welding done to make the rack fit. Because of that, I wouldn’t buy Baker.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Shameless plug: The baker racks are between $500-$600 now and the Rivco racks are $300 each. I am selling mine fore $325/pair including all hardware and shipping. The installation is simple with no cutting or drilling required and takes 10 minutes or less to install or remove.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
The racks from @SlingLow are very good. But we have to remember no matter which vender we are buying from we need to let them know WHAT Slingshot we have. Polaris made changes that made it necessary for changes to the way that the racks are attached to the Slingshot rollbars.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am aware of the discussion between my friend and Baker. Seemed clear to me what year and trim level the racks were being ordered for. That didnt help any though.
I like the look of the Baker racks a lot, but wont buy from them when im ready!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts