Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who actually has the STINGER top, ever installed the Baker luggage racks?

Just looking and not having one in hand, it appears that the luggage clamp that goes on the inside of the roll hoop might have a problem with the Stinger bracket.
If anyone has this system, please let me know if the Stinger brace causes a problem connecting the rack.

We're really looking hard for a rack that will work. Wife and I would like to do a little traveling.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
@ENCORE The stinger top requires the inside arm of the luggage racks to be 1 1/4" shorter than the outside arm because of the bracket that sandwiches the roll hoops. I can make my luggage racks to order to work with the stinger top if you are interested.
ssracksmodified.jpg

ssmadstatdrack.jpg

·
Registered
138 Posts
A friend of mine with a SS bought the Baker racks and they were not made correctly. Baker would not take the incorrect one back and fix the problem. Very uncooperative. My friend ended up at a metal fabricator having some cutting and welding done to make the rack fit. Because of that, I wouldn’t buy Baker.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Shameless plug: The baker racks are between $500-$600 now and the Rivco racks are $300 each. I am selling mine fore $325/pair including all hardware and shipping. The installation is simple with no cutting or drilling required and takes 10 minutes or less to install or remove.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
The racks from @SlingLow are very good. But we have to remember no matter which vender we are buying from we need to let them know WHAT Slingshot we have. Polaris made changes that made it necessary for changes to the way that the racks are attached to the Slingshot rollbars.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am aware of the discussion between my friend and Baker. Seemed clear to me what year and trim level the racks were being ordered for. That didnt help any though.
I like the look of the Baker racks a lot, but wont buy from them when im ready!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Baker isn't ran by Baker anymore. Be careful. It took 3, yes 3, sets before I could even modify them to work and Baker had the correct information. I got a different excuse each time and I took pictures of the mounting and the incorrect welding of the brackets that were welded on the wrong sides. I sent back the 1st 2 sets and finally kept the 3rd set and modified them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Baker isn't ran by Baker anymore. Be careful. It took 3, yes 3, sets before I could even modify them to work and Baker had the correct information. I got a different excuse each time and I took pictures of the mounting and the incorrect welding of the brackets that were welded on the wrong sides. I sent back the 1st 2 sets and finally kept the 3rd set and modified them.
That is good to know! Now I am more positive than ever that there will be no Baker products on my SS. Too bad though because I really like the looks of the Baker racks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is good to know! Now I am more positive than ever that there will be no Baker products on my SS. Too bad though because I really like the looks of the Baker racks.
Their looks are great, but, there is a lot of pain and work to do to make them fit like they should and this is if they are make half way close.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it appears that the Bakers are out after some responses. Its exactly why I asked.

Next best???

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Just did a little investigation....Bruce Baker is still with his company. Baker 'Air Wings' and other motor cycle aftermarket parts. these days he is doing more of the back room development of new products. My Slingshot was one of the very first to 'sport' the Baker 'Air Wings' with the F4 tinted 5+ windshield --- been in use since April of 2015 when Bruce installed them on my Slingshot at his shop in Ohio. He did a test ride at some high speeds to make sure that things would work as designed.
I know that very vendor has a problem from time to time but Bruce Baker has been working with the motorcycle community for a long time. His 'Air Wings' products for the Slingshot --- no matter your set up --- are top notch.
Baker Built Air Wings
F4 Customs | Motorcycle Aftermarket Replacement Windshields

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Just did a little investigation....Bruce Baker is still with his company. Baker 'Air Wings' and other motor cycle aftermarket parts. these days he is doing more of the back room development of new products. My Slingshot was one of the very first to 'sport' the Baker 'Air Wings' with the F4 tinted 5+ windshield --- been in use since April of 2015 when Bruce installed them on my Slingshot at his shop in Ohio. He did a test ride at some high speeds to make sure that things would work as designed.
I know that very vendor has a problem from time to time but Bruce Baker has been working with the motorcycle community for a long time. His 'Air Wings' products for the Slingshot --- no matter your set up --- are top notch.
Baker Built Air Wings

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well, I always spoke highly of Baker and was happy with the Baker air wings on my Gold Wing. But, something is wrong at Baker. Until I hear some recent positive comments, I’m not going to purchase from them. Bad quality control and bad customer service after the sale turns me off!

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Baker Built Air Wings

·
Registered
3 Posts
Baker Built Air Wings
I just installed my Baker Luggage Racks last week. Besides a little adjustment after the initial fitting, I have had no problems. I would recommend them to other SS owners

1 - 20 of 20 Posts