Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2017 polaris slingshot sl in navy blue
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of the baker luggage racks for my 2017 slingshot sl. I can’t get these things to line up for the life of me. I have tried multiple ways and they just don’t seem to fit. The driver side is a lot lower on the clasp side also. I have called baker and the guy i need to talk to is at a show and i guess is just to busy to call me back,the girl who answered the phone has tried to help me but she doesn’t know how they work. I really don’t want to wait til Tuesday to talk to him. Has anyone had this issue and know if I’m installing wrong? Thanks

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@WI_Hedgehog i looked but couldn’t find anything.
Bill

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a set of the baker luggage racks for my 2017 slingshot sl. I can’t get these things to line up for the life of me. I have tried multiple ways and they just don’t seem to fit. The driver side is a lot lower on the clasp side also. I have called baker and the guy i need to talk to is at a show and i guess is just to busy to call me back,the girl who answered the phone has tried to help me but she doesn’t know how they work. I really don’t want to wait til Tuesday to talk to him. Has anyone had this issue and know if I’m installing wrong? Thanks
I had mega problems with the same racks. The company had to send me 3 different sets because the first 2 sets were not made correct. The 3rd set they sent still didn't work properly, but I made them work after spending hours on them and the alignment was HELL to make work correctly with different hardware and shims and spacers. I would never recommend them. Engineering is very poor along with quality control.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@lynn111 i just received my 2nd set and they are exactly the same as the first set. I’m highly disappointed so far. I will call them again tomorrow and hopefully we can get it corrected. What did you do to make yours work? Any pictures?

·
Registered
2021 slingshot limited autodrive
3 Posts
Yup had issues putting mine on also the dang latch was installed incorrectly from baker !
little messing around an got it done passenger side was easier

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just installed a set of Baker Racks and using the washers they included I was able to align the right side. I think the washers were supposed to be for the left side. The bends on the brackets that go around the roll cage could be larger for a better fit. The left side does rattle a little at the pin but I hope with some luggage on it that will go away. I have the Thermal Raptor roof and there was no interference. On a side note the guys at Thermal were great in solving my alignment and installation problems on the roof. An overnight trip is in order to see how the racks function with a load on them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Jeeptrix thank you.i have been in contact with baker and i will be driving the 4 hours up there this saturday so that we can get them figured out. they've been super cool and helpful with this issue and blaze is coming in on his saturday off to help me.you don't get that kind of help much anymore.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i have to give the guys at baker props. They are closed on Saturdays but blaze’s brother “sorry i forgot his name” came in on his day off and got mine lined up finally and installed. The roll hoop they use to mock the brackets up is made a little different than mine and i believe that’s where all the issue lies. He said they’ve had a few that they have had issues with and the hoops are made like my 2017’s. Thanks baker built. You guys went above and beyond for me.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
What year did they base their design on? Mine didn't fit at I think they should. I will send them a photo and see what they think. Mine is a 2019.
There was a minor change in the roll hoops in 17 or 18... Baker will work with you to get things as they should be.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
@Jeeptrix he really didn’t say what year their hoop was from but there is a little visual difference and he said it was around 1/2 difference. after looking on eBay i found one that looks like what he had and i believe its from a 2015-2016.he had to washer mine to make them work and I’m not a huge fan of that but they are mounted and work so I’m ok with it. He said they were looking into Modifying the mounts they have to work or designing a new mount for the ones like mine.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I don't get it. Polaris changed the hoops for the 2017 model year and they have stayed the same for 5 or 6 model years (I haven't verified 2022 is the same). This is well known. Why would Baker have an issue making racks correctly for the two different hoop designs: 2015/16 and 2017/present? I adapted my rack mounts to the 2017 hoops as soon as they hit the sales floors. Baker can't figure this out in 5 years??? Something doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I know the Sedici bags are awesome - for hauling luggage. But what if you want to haul a 24 pack of toilet paper home from the store? Or an 85 lb excavator battery to the shop for replacement?Well, here you go:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts