Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering once you receive the SS and bring it home and start to give it a good looking over. Would the paint issues and and the rough plastic edges be a warranty issue. If you bought a car it would be. And what about the gauges? Would the glue be covered. I had a front painted part on my can am spyder look like it had orange peel in it and the sent me a new one under warranty. So what do y'all think. Are we screwed once it leaves the lot? Or can we go home and go over it in our garage and make a list of stuff to have fixed?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I just made a comment about this in another thread. I believe it is. I had an issue with my Sportsman ACE and it was covered since it was a "manufacturer defect". But I'd be curious to see if anyone that has reported the issues thus far has brought it up to the dealer.

Could be that everyone is so darn excited that they just wanted to get it home!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just made a comment about this in another thread. I believe it is. I had an issue with my Sportsman ACE and it was covered since it was a "manufacturer defect". But I'd be curious to see if anyone that has reported the issues thus far has brought it up to the dealer.

Could be that everyone is so darn excited that they just wanted to get it home!

Yea i agree. I just want to get some opinions on what other people think. Since it only comes in two colors paint match shouldn't be a problem when they send new parts. I really don't mind letting them order in new parts to make it perfect. I just want to make sure before I pay 25000.00 that they will take care of me. I just bought my 16 year old daughter a Fiat 500 Gucci Edition. And I will say it is a very tight and very nice car. The fitment of doors and everything is outstanding. I had a sticker that had a cut on it and they ordered a new one and came to my office and replaced it. And washed and polished the car afterward.

Reactions: MitchS

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks to the great info on this site, when I do finally get the call, I will go camera in hand to document all faults in workmanship that I see. I have given my dealer a heads up on the issues found from deliveries so far. He believes all those issues are warranty related and said polaris has a good track record with them for fixing issues.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told that Alabama was due on the 25th or 26th. My salesman sent an email to the rep and that was what his reply email said.

What is strange is thier was a post somewhere saying that Polaris didnt know who was getting a delivery. And that the delivery companies were just making random deliveries. I find it hard to believe that. So im going to believe my salesman this time.

You can bet ill be so excited I wont be able to go ovet it for flaws. It will take me a few days to come down off that rush!

·
Registered
290 Posts
My dealer says Tuesday. I am #1 for this SL and have had deliveries all around me. I think they could only train so many drivers and they all went back for another load.

When I do get the call! yes the excitement will be hard to control. It will pay off if I can tell myself to slowdown and look it over good, as much as I want this thing to be perfect, after some reviews probably not. I do work on my own bikes but I am not a body paint guy.

Hope your wait is over soon like mine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
We looked over the demo SS at our dealer yesterday and my husband is a mechanic and body repair professional. There were no major issues that we observed. Sure the robot paint job is not up to hand done custom jobs and there are mold marks on the edges of body panels. We expected this for a factory production vehicle aimed at lowering the price for this type of vehicle. Plastic parts are always fit nightmares as well. They will deteriorate faster than other materials and be affected by temperature conditions. There will be higher quality after market products soon to address these issues. We chose to buy the SS because we love the design and power as well as the price.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
you have a 90 day warranty on cosmetic finish, paint plastic etc, if its messed up looking bring it to dealer and demand it, also, this is key- call polaris customer service and tell them this...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts