Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
One more quick question (maybe), in your original post you said the reverse wire on the aftermarket head unit. I have a SL so I will be using the OE unit. What is the color of the wire on the three wire connector that supply's the image from the camera that I will need to tap into. Assuming that that is the wire I will need to use. Just read that, I hope it makes sense

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds pretty simple.

You can use a 30-Amp SPDT Relay.

How to wire the switch and relay:

One side of the switch goes to ground.
The other side connects to pin 85 on the relay.
Pin 86-87 connects to +12v constant. Which is the White Wite on the 3-pin radio harness behind the radio location.
Connect pin 30 to the Reverse Wire on the back of the aftermarket head unit. You can use both, the reverse wire and switch wire at the same time.

So, whe you shift into reverse you can see the camera image. Or if you flip the switch while you are driving, you can see the camera image.

Please DM me if you have any questions or if you need help with wiring.
Which wire provides the image/actual video. I struggling over here. Sorry

·
Registered
46 Posts
One more quick question (maybe), in your original post you said the reverse wire on the aftermarket head unit. I have a SL so I will be using the OE unit. What is the color of the wire on the three wire connector that supply's the image from the camera that I will need to tap into. Assuming that that is the wire I will need to use. Just read that, I hope it makes sense
I am not sure what the pin out is on the main harness to the factory black box for the media system. I will have to do some thinking and see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds pretty simple.

You can use a 30-Amp SPDT Relay.

How to wire the switch and relay:

One side of the switch goes to ground.
The other side connects to pin 85 on the relay.
Pin 86-87 connects to +12v constant. Which is the White Wite on the 3-pin radio harness behind the radio location.
Connect pin 30 to the Reverse Wire on the back of the aftermarket head unit. You can use both, the reverse wire and switch wire at the same time.

So, whe you shift into reverse you can see the camera image. Or if you flip the switch while you are driving, you can see the camera image.

Please DM me if you have any questions or if you need help with wiring.
In need of help with my camera I installed it and camera is flickering I wanna just put the switch please help

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hopefully the more informed on this will chime in.
I inquired about this same thing last year.

I was advised that if you trick the OEM backup camera system (with OEM head unit) to go on (while travelling forward) it throws a code and the ECU goes into sometype of safety mode and kills the power.

Webby

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found easier way was just run a Second back camera system but setup to power when slingshot is running. Ebay and Amazon both have backup systems that are around 40 to 70 dollars and works out. I mounted the screen to center post of windshield. Power source just look for a lead that is only on when Slingshot is power up. Mounted rear camera above factory back camera.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts