Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought

I ordered an SL but still was thinking how hard it would be to back up in a SS. Looking at pictures, it seems there really is no way to see behind you without the camera, other then side mirrors.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I've seen comments where folks who've sat in the Slingshot say the back-up camera is nice to have but that the driver can see alot just using the side mirrors. I've got a deposit on the base model and want to add two cameras. A rearview camera for reversing and a forward camera to make sure I don't damage the lower front wing when parking.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I've seen comments where folks who've sat in the Slingshot say the back-up camera is nice to have but that the driver can see alot just using the side mirrors. I've got a deposit on the base model and want to add two cameras. A rearview camera for reversing and a forward camera to make sure I don't damage the lower front wing when parking.
I like that forward camera idea. I have an SL on order, I wonder if we can add the front camera and a 3 way toggle switch to go between cameras and the standard infotainment center screen?

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
The standard Infotainment system on the SL, optional on the Base SS, has a transmission-mounted switch to activate the rear-view camera in Reverse, so you would need to not only select between the cameras, but also make the Infotainment system think the trans is in Reverse.
Pyle and a couple of other manufacturers make monitors that support multiple camera inputs. Might be an easier route, but wouldn't be as nice as modifying the Polaris unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts