Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive done all the standard upgrades... Injen Cold Air, 1320 V2 Header, 1320 V2 Exhaust with extra quiet baffle and DDM fuel rail... I plan on having the MEFI tune done as well. My question is, as soon as I installed the V2 Exhaust, I started having backfiring on the decel... with the extra quiet baffle its less noticeable, but its still there... it almost sounds like a spring or something rattling around, but pretty sure its backfiring cause the second I give it gas again, it stops the sound. Anyone have something similar and resolve the issue with the MEFI tune? Anything I can do to remedy the situation myself? Also, my check engine light comes on every now and then shooting out a 65565 O2 code which suggest a fuel mixture issue which is right on point with the back firing... THANKS GUYS!

Attachments

·
2,333 Posts

Did you torque down the spare O2 bung on the header before installation and did you replace the exhaust manifold gasket with the one 1320 sells (you really should replace the manifold nuts too, they are locking and "single use") when you installed the header, also have you re-torqued all the of the exhaust manifold nuts, down pipe bolts, and the block off plug, as required after a few heat cycles ......

If it's not an exhaust leak freaking out the O2 readings then the code indicates the sensor might be going bad .... although lots of low mile Slingshots throw this code a few times for no reason then just stop ..weird but true ...

You can also check to make sure the little block off cap is still on the intake manifold and the blocked off vapor line at the back of the motor, these can also mess up the mixture...

You said "all the standard upgrades" ... you are aware the DDM fuel rail has no benefit (other than looks) until you go boost and install larger injectors ....

..... :bag:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info... I have not re-torqued the bolts after install... I guess that will be the first thing I do. I did tighten the bung before install and I used new gaskets.

I didnt think the fuel rail would give any amazing results without larger injectors, but I thought the VVT would have to work less with the fuel coming into the center of the rail instead one end. Ive done all this work myself, and basically bought this thing as a really expensive model I can actually drive. Thanks again!

Reactions: Orangeman

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, sure enough there were some bolts not very tight, so I tighten it all down again and its driving much quieter and smoother. Check engine light went off the first time I started it up, but this morning it came back on with no noticeable change in performance. Thanks Orangeman for your suggestion to a weekend wrench turner.,,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts