Are you attending this event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several months of research (and rejections), I have finally found an awesome organization that will allow the Slingshot to participate in their track day events! :)

I participated last weekend and had a great time! Met some really good people, learned some track driving tips from the volunteer instructors, and blew the doors off a bunch of cars. :watching::punch::cool:

I have talked to their management and now would like to open the door for others to join in on the fun.

The group is called ProAutoSports and their home page can be found at...
ProAutoSports Home Page

Their next event is in Phoenix, AZ at....

All new drivers to their club, must go through a New Member Orientation Class. It is about 1 hour of class room instruction and the first 20 min session you will have an instructor with you to give advice and track driving feedback. After that, you will have a few more 20 min sessions of track time; instructor optional.

Info on New Member here....
http://www.proautosports.com/forms/pdf/PERFORMANCEDRIVINGPROGRAM.PDF

ProAutoSports @ Wild Horse Pass- East Track

Facebook Page - Schedule and Sometimes coupon codes...
ProAutoSports

You will be on the track with other cars. In the new orientation group, you can only pass on the straightaways. On the 2nd or 3rd track day, you will be bumped to a group. These groups are sorted by speed and you can pass (carefully) throughout the entire track.

THIS IS NOT A RACE EVENT. You don't place and they don't keep track of your lap times. By doing this, it helps in keeping low insurance costs and the probability of your insurance to cover you if, in a rare case, an accident were to happen.

The group travel to different tracks throughout the year. Most are in AZ, but there are a couple in CA in 2016.

If we can get enough people signed up and committed, it may be possible to run in a group together. It could possibly be Slingshot (or Trike) specific in the future.

My only ask is that you come to have fun and not create issues. I would hate for the Slingshot to be kicked out because of a reckless owner.

There are a couple of photos below and I will upload a track video too.

I will do my best to answer any questions about this event in this thread.

Cheer!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is. This pays for the event and your annual membership fee.

Sometimes they will post discount codes on their FB page.

My cost was $190 for the first event.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, I forgot to mention....

It is free for those that would like to come and watch. Come to the track, sign-in, park in the pits, and support the other Slingshot owners that will be running. It would be fun to get a group together on Saturday or Sunday.

@DJDAD @CC Handles @ultraron @Rando @WhooHoo @Ahwatukee Jack

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Funny! But I was talking about Mr. Clean - I don't have a ball & chain. If you look at the post above yours you'll see that whatever plan he had, it worked! Yay! How's your China trip going Bro?

·
I have moved on!
2,900 Posts
Funny! But I was talking about Mr. Clean - I don't have a ball & chain. If you look at the post above yours you'll see that whatever plan he had, it worked! Yay! How's your China trip going Bro?
Stuck in Hong Kong can't get out due to weather on the east cost. Have a 12 hour delay and have to go thru Toronto - then spend the night there and a 2 hr flight to Raleigh then a 1.5 hr drive home. The sad thing is I have to load up and drive back up to Atlantic City for a show on Monday. One of those weeks. Other than that all is well. Look at it this way if I was home I would be sitting in the sling watching it snow thru the shop door.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Stuck in Hong Kong can't get out due to weather on the east cost. Have a 12 hour delay and have to go thru Toronto - then spend the night there and a 2 hr flight to Raleigh then a 1.5 hr drive home. The sad thing is I have to load up and drive back up to Atlantic City for a show on Monday. One of those weeks. Other than that all is well. Look at it this way if I was home I would be sitting in the sling watching it snow thru the shop door.
Wow! Helluva itinerary you've got there! Hang in there & safe travels...

·
I have moved on!
2,900 Posts
Ball and Chain - is that any way to talk about one of those warm caring creatures we call a spouse?
I will let you take that I am sure the wheels are turning.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Ball and Chain - is that any way to talk about one of those warm caring creatures we call a spouse?
I will let you take that I am sure the wheels are turning..
Mitch, I thought the ball and chain refers to a bachelor. You know, a guy who wants to ball without the chain

ballnchain2.jpg

1 - 20 of 46 Posts