Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With Slingshots now being delivered, it a good time to start a thread of all those that call AZ their home or their winter get-a-way residence.

Please post a little about yourself and what city you are in.

We can use this thread to plan meet-ups, events, and ask other locals for help/advice.

AZ Owners Check-In List

AZ Residents

TravAZ - Chandler - Titanium Model

Hollywood - North Phoenix - SL Model

arizonapaul - Fountain Hills - SL Model

big Al - Lake Havasu - Titanium Model

FJRTom - Peoria - SL Model

Jim Liston - Lake Havasu - SL Model

Adventure4Me - Salome - SL Model

Levram - Cave Creek - SL Model

Eman (Eric) - Gilbert - SL Model

Rando - Mesa - SL Model

Snowbirds
Brent - Bullhead City - SL Model
UltraRon - Case Grande - SL Model

Close Neighbor
Silver City George - Silver City, NM - SL Model

Reactions: Hollywood

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With Slingshots now being delivered, it a good time to start a thread of all those that call AZ their home or their winter get-a-way residence.

We can use this thread to plan meet-ups, events, and ask other locals for help/advice.
I am an avid street bike rider and have always wanted a reverse trike. I bought a Titanium model SS and look forward to the (at least) 9 great months of riding weather. I am most looking forward to a ride through Jerome.

I plan on adding many things to my SS and I hope to be involved in a couple of track days. I live in Chandler and look forward to meeting up with other owners sometime in the future.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I live in far north Phoenix and got my SL on Friday also would like some track days along with a drag strip visit. I have had many bikes and a few hot rods. Went to the pavilions on Saturday for a short while and it caused quite a stir. Met a future owner who is supposed to take delivery Monday and another whose friend is taking delivery this week. Looking forward to a get together with all the owners.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I spend time in Bullhead City, AZ. As a matter of fact, I'll be riding "Red" to Bullhead City this Wednesday, 12/10. Unfortunately though, I'll be returning back to Riverside County the next day.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in fountain hills, and got my SL last Friday. Always had a Harley and currently have a 2010 Road Glide, in red too. They look nice together. Someone should start a email list and we can meet up. I'm at [email protected] Rides up to Payson for breakfast should be awesome.
This is a good idea, but I have a feeling the internet bots are going to scoop up your email address and start sending you a bunch of spam.

Ill update the top post as more people check-in. I will include name and location for now.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The wife and I go to Bullhead City from February to April 15th. I ran out of weather in MI to get the SL this year but we will have it with us next year. I have the SL ordered for May.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm just east of the border. Took delivery of my SL yesterday in Las Cruces, registered and titled today, tomorrow's the road. My son in Henderson NV took the motorcycle safety course just for the M endorsement to drive the slingshot, so one or the other or maybe both of us will be crossing AZ [he is with Cox in LV, with occasional assignment in PHX]

·
Registered
21 Posts

AZ Owners Check-In List

TravAZ - Chandler, AZ - Titanium Model

Hollywood - North Phoenix - SL Model

arizonapaul - Fountain Hills - SL Model
Big Al Lake Havasu Titanium Model -waiting for delivery

·
Registered
24 Posts
FJRTom, here. Picked up my SL on 12/7 from Ridenow in Peoria...their first, I believe. Love it so far. The Payson breakfast rns sound good, plus there are lots of other possibilities. As my handle implies, I am also on my third Yamaha FJR 1300: 2005, 2008, and now 2013. Awesome bike. I ride a lot; have 36K on the 2013 thus far.

Edit: Oops. And I live in Cave Creek, not Peoria.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First post updated with new check-in info.

·
Registered
349 Posts
FJRTom, here. Picked up my SL on 12/7 from Ridenow in Peoria...their first, I believe. Love it so far. The Payson breakfast rns sound good, plus there are lots of other possibilities. As my handle implies, I am also on my third Yamaha FJR 1300: 2005, 2008, and now 2013. Awesome bike. I ride a lot; have 36K on the 2013 thus far.

Edit: Oops. And I live in Cave Creek, not Peoria.
Hey Tom, I take mine up to Connelly's at carefree hwy and norterra pkwy, want to take the ride to bartlett lake. Let me know if you want to get together for a run..
Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jim Liston here. I picked up my SL at AZ West here in Lake Havasu on Tuesday. First one in town. Cop stopped by the house yesterday just to look it over while it was in the driveway. Won't be the last time, I'm sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jim Liston here. I picked up my SL at AZ West here in Lake Havasu on Tuesday. First one in town. Cop stopped by the house yesterday just to look it over while it was in the driveway. Won't be the last time, I'm sure.
Jim nice to meet you Big Al here in Lake Havasu still waiting for mine ss hopefully soon would like to get together when I get Mine.have fun and stay safe Al

·
Registered
88 Posts
Eric here. I live in Gilbert. Picked up my SL on Friday December 12th and have been loving it ever since. I raced dirt bikes when I was in my teens and have had several (more than I can count) bikes over my lifetime and the SS is by far the funnest thing I have ever driven/rode.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Eric here. I live in Gilbert. Picked up my SL on Friday December 12th and have been loving it ever since. I raced dirt bikes when I was in my teens and have had several (more than I can count) bikes over my lifetime and the SS is by far the funnest thing I have ever driven/rode.
I am in the same boat with you old racer mostly speedway still waiting on my ss from AZ west in Lake Havasu glad your enjoying your new ride AL

1 - 20 of 347 Posts