Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the average stereo cost to install in a basic sling. I was looking a head unit, front pods and one sub. I have had quotes from $1200, 1900, and $4500.00. I want to make sure I can hear the radio while driving down the freeway.

I am looking for a place in S/E Wisconsin to install a radio system.

Thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had a custom install done, custom front pods and sub enclosure behind the passenger seat, head unit and amps - 1500.00. But I did use just a cheap JVC head unit as I am sure it will get wet or something and have to be replaced often.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Depends on the equipment

In () is what I spent
Installed myself

Sub box $250-750 ($700)
Sub $50-600 (500)
Amp $200-1000 (800)
Front pods $200-800 (200)
Front speakers $100-1000 (450)
Radio $200-1000 (700)
Radio install $150ish (150)
Wiring $50-250 (200)

That will get you and idea
Hope this helps

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
I spent a little over $700 for all my stereo equipment...the big savings came from me doing it all myself.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Here in the Houston area, a lot of car stereo shops offer free, or relatively low-cost install as long as you buy your components from them, including (usually) over-priced wiring kits.:D Also, our local Craigslist typically carries ads for guys who will install car stereo components w/o requiring you to buy the components from them. Here are typical prices -

Car stereo installation- $20 (car kit and harness is separate but also available in the shop)

Car navigation unit installation- $35 (price may vary if a double din radio kit is not available for the vehicle)

Car amplifier installation-$25 ( amplifier kit is separate but also available in 8,4,and 0 gauge)

Car video installation with video head unit- $69

Car video installation with DVD player- $89

Alarm installation (without remote start or pager)- $40

Alarm installation with pager- $49

Alarm installation remote start-$89 (some vehicles may require modules, relays, or resistors to work properly they are also available)

Labor fee for checking electric problems on vehicles-$15

If you can't find similar listings in your area, try posting a Wanted ad under services or for sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts