Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$36,000 - 2 days ago I took delivery, in Northern NJ, of this 2018 SLR Electric Blue Slingshot from Cycle Spring Power Sport in Clearwater FL (Largest Slingshot dealer in the US). I worked directly with Noel Hughes, the owner of Cycle Springs, during this process. You have probably seen him posting on this forum in the past. They have perfected the automatic conversion process for the slingshot using only NEW and authentic GM parts (no used parts or rebuilt transmissions). Unfortunately, my wife didn't handle this surprise very well... without going too far into detail, I'm looking to sell this. Anyone that is local with serious interest can come take a ride and see how smooth shifting this beast is. If you aren't local, I can take a video of me driving it so you can see how well this shifts. I took delivery 2 days ago with 7 miles on it. It has 75 miles on it now. Comes with the full 2 year warranty from Polaris and Noel stands behind his work if you ever have an issue with the transmission which you shouldn't. My loss is your gain. Please contact with any questions. I also have the Polaris trailer for sale (See picture). Willing to sell slingshot with or without trailer - price above DOES NOT include the trailer. I don't expect this to last long...

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it still for sale? More pics /videos? Greatly appreciated.!
Hey Tim -

Yes it is. It now has 92 miles on it and I plan to pick up lunch again today for everyone at the office so probably 98 miles by the end of the day haha.

I have the 7 pictures above. Let me know what other pictures you would like and I'll go outside and take them now. I can make a video at lunch time today. I worked with the owner at Cycle Springs Noel to get this done. I really wish I didn't have to sell it. So much fun.

Where are you located? If your in the NJ NY CT area, come by and take it for a ride.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it still for sale? More pics /videos? Greatly appreciated.!
I made the videos short thinking I couldn't upload a large file here. Then I realized I can use youtube for these. So here are some short clips. Tomorrow I'll make a longer video and post it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trailer is for sale - Here is a link to the description of it below. Made specifically for the Slingshot. Sells for over $4,000 plus tax. Asking $3,500. Been used once from Clearwater FL to Mahwah NJ. Purchased a few weeks ago. Let me know if you have any questions

Slingshot | Polaris Trailers

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
As I’d love to have a auto,being wheelchair bound..(vet)..do you have a video going WOT so we can see the pick up,?..as gearing ,torque converter etc makes a huge difference I’ve seen a few different set ups with custom trans gears even....I know that it’s about 4500 bucks for a auto conversion depending on who’s doing it I guess ,as I would think a dealership is going to be at least 20%-50% higher, as they are on many items..
Anyway it’s even the color I’d want..so if it’s around during tax time still or if a item I have sells sooner I’d really be interested..can you say turbo,lol...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Looks very cool! Nice color graphic scheme. Obviuosly a quality build. Good luck with your sale.
I am spoiled.. Sorry to say, but since adding my quad kit and SC boost...
A stock powered SS reminds me of a rabbit looking turtle crossing the road.
Whoever buys yours needs to make that AT shine with some boost and utilize that power with the grip of a quad kit!!

WW

·
Registered
612 Posts
"A stock powered SS reminds me of a rabbit looking turtle crossing the road." I'm certainly glad you enjoy the mods you've been able to make to your Slingshot. Seriously! That looks like so much fun! On the other hand, your comment doesn't feel very friendly. It almost seems meant to make us stock SS drivers feel bad about the rides we love so much - the ones we came to this forum to celebrate. I hope that was not your intention, and that I've read you wrong.

Even buying a stock SL was a stretch for me financially. My other interests include fine guitars and cameras, but my Slingshot is the most expensive "toy" I've ever owned.

I don't mean to pry, but about much money do you have invested, all told, in your Slingshot? I'm sure it's a good bit less than what you might have spent on, say an Ariel Atom, or one of the more expensive 3-wheelers. Lots of fun for the bucks! But still, for some of us, it's also a big bunch of bucks.

Would love seeing more video of you putting your turbo-ed quad Sling through it's paces, either on a fun mountain road or even a track!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I don't think that was his intent, knowing Webby the way I think I do.

An ariel starts at 92k the last time I looked, my quad turbo is half of that, plus a few other mods thrown in. I can't really afford an ariel, maybe, but I'd not have anything else, but a choice I made after buying the sling.

Just remember, you can't see inflection or facial features through this text screen :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks Wokka,
No ill will meant at all Cotten. Your read or my write was misinterpreted. Love the SS platform. Love that it can be improved upon so easily. Wont apologize for that.
Really wish my stock sling didnt suffer so much from a sheer lack of traction (even with average oem hp). Mainly, wish it came from the factory not only licensed as a MC but also as fast as most motorcycles! Not just looking fast.
As far as the amount of wrapped up dough... Maybe a couple hundred above MSRP...IDK, just ask me ole lady! She tells ya's!!!!
LOL!! ;-)
The quad Slings are lots of fun through the twisties and when setup right.... Feel like little indy car gokarts!!
If you got an extra wheel... You gotta try pushing more HP to the pavement. SC or Turbo.
Just sayin. Nothing sour here.
WW

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lol gee cotton come on dude, do you really always try to turn everything into feel bad for me or someone must be saying your ride sucks, because one of us speed freaks makes a honest assessment Of the difference between a stock powered toy and a turbo charged beast...
I’m on a lot of forums and plenty of ppl compared stock cars bikes and trucks to modified vehicles and how slow or crappy they handled compared to after being modified..it’s simply the truth ,but it doesn’t mean anyone is personally calling your own vehicle a pos...
I’ve had at least 50 or so different vehicles and totally understand what he meant as I can’t or couldn’t leave anything stock, didn’t matter if it was a vett ,my ZL1 which after jumping to 850hp even that felt like a turtle and so did both my stock grand nationals after turning up the heat, and my viper after sticking a blower on it, the stock one really felt like it couldn’t get out of its own way after being modified...
There are very few vehicles that don’t feel that way,depending on the drivers skill and experience.
So before you get upset and start accusing someone of hurting your feelings over your toy, stop and think of someone else’s outlook ,because they are entitled to ,& it doesn’t mean it’s a insult to anyone...I’ve been involved in Motorsports for 40yrs in one form or another, it’s just part of the game period..enjoy your ride man life’s too short to be worried over something so trivial ..:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts