Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/polaris-tries-to-make-slingshot-legal-in-all-states-tests-autocycle-category-93380.html

Addresses situation in Connecticut, Hawaii, Indiana, Maryland and Texas. Maryland still seems to be facing the most problems getting the Slingshot sellable.
A few comments -
Connecticut seems to be progressing with it's Autocycle legislation.
Hawaii still faces problems with the Slingshot as the proposed law calls for a completely enclosed, tandem seating area.
Indiana, as we know, is now good to go.
Maryland still faces significant problems for questions of windshield and exhaust outlet placement.
Texas will hopefully get things done. Next Wednesday's Senate transportation Committee hearing on SB 449 should be telling.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My dealer, Rally Motorsports in Prince Albert, tells me that Saskatchewan requires a rear fender. I guess that we will see when it is time to pick it up.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer, Rally Motorsports in Prince Albert, tells me that Saskatchewan requires a rear fender. I guess that we will see when it is time to pick it up.
If true, I certainly hope Polaris offers an inexpensive rear fender.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I asked the dealer if they could get a part number for the fender kit, I suppose that some people would want to add this to their SS.

I am hoping that this could double as a hitch.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fail to see why Maryland doesn't treat the windshield like any other motorcycle shield and glazing wouldn't be a problem.
As afar as the exhaust gas issue, even some of the Forum members have complained about that.
Of course, Texas is concerned about a frigging "saddle," yet the Texas DMV has been registering non-conforming trikes (conventional and reverse) for 30 years or so!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Least of our worries. The bill that was tabled in Washington about the Autocycle status can have very bad implications about the future of vehicles such as the Slingshot.

·
Registered
94 Posts
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/polaris-tries-to-make-slingshot-legal-in-all-states-tests-autocycle-category-93380.html

Addresses situation in Connecticut, Hawaii, Indiana, Maryland and Texas. Maryland still seems to be facing the most problems getting the Slingshot sellable.
A few comments -
Connecticut seems to be progressing with it's Autocycle legislation.
Hawaii still faces problems with the Slingshot as the proposed law calls for a completely enclosed, tandem seating area.
Indiana, as we know, is now good to go.
Maryland still faces significant problems for questions of windshield and exhaust outlet placement.
Texas will hopefully get things done. Next Wednesday's Senate transportation Committee hearing on SB 449 should be telling.
And we have an update!

http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/the-slingshot-has-passed-in-connecticut.6179/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts