Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I see Houston and DFW area Threads. Being that Austin is the Capital, you'ld think we could get some respect! Yeah, yeah, yeah, so you have football teams. We have 6th Street and Austin City Limits music!

Anyways, Post your info here so we can plan GTGs and rides. I'll start.

Chavey2, Male, 40's-ish (at least for another month), Georgetown (Austin), TX, Just got a 2016 Base on Aug 18th after waiting since OCTOBER. Previous member of the Victory Motorcycle Club (Texas Hill Country Victory Riders), and current member of the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America (www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com).

Let's Ride!!

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I'm also an Austin Slingshot owner! Well I'm technically in Cedar Park, but that's close enough ;)

I have a base SS and I'm interested if you guys plan something.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WooHoo! Who'd you get yours from? I got mine from GT Powersports.

I know there's a base over in the Kelly Lane/Pflugerville area (seen it twice). Haven't seen any SLs but I know my dealer has sold at least 2 plus an LE.

May have to do something Sunday if interested. My girlfriend is a nurse who works nights so I have to disappear sometimes during the day so she can sleep.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have been hoping there would be some people in Austin on this fourm. Sounds like most of you are up
North. I am in round rock and have the 2015 SL

·
Registered
39 Posts
IMG_0823.JPG
I'm in Georgetown got the first 2015 SL from CTPS. Turbo on the way and a body kit, If anyone would like for me to put on their turbo let me know. I have the shop at my house to get it done.
IMG_1034.jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
That is a really clean shop. I bet that lift comes in real handy. I just found out about a DIY garage in north Austin that you can use their lifts and space for $20hr. That will come in real handy when I get ready to install some additional insulation and leds.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I wanted to buy my slingshot locally but with all the fees people were charging I just drove up to Colorado and paid msrp.

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
View attachment 24987 I'm in Georgetown got the first 2015 SL from CTPS. Turbo on the way and a body kit, If anyone would like for me to put on their turbo let me know. I have the shop at my house to get it done. View attachment 24988
Nice shop! I may have to come by when you install your mods! Would really like to see/learn everything I can! If that's ok...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Still trying to put together a group up here in DFW area.

There are several up here in the area so maybe we can get together and head down to Austin / Hill Country for some fun.

If any of you guys are considering or looking for a really nice ALL aluminum open
trailer, designed for the Slingshot, let me know. I have found a good one and happy to share info.

·
Registered
88 Posts
We Houston riders are discussing plans to participate in the Texas Honor Ride to Brooks Army Medical Base in San Antonio on November 14, 2015.

We are considering all staying out at Kerrville and riding the 3's the next day before heading back to Houston.

Would be great to have you Austin SS Riders join in on that event. If you are interested please let us know.

In the spirit of always looking to meet more SS riders, let's plan a lunch meetup place that is between Austin and Houston. Please post your thoughts and ideas and let's get something planned.

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
We Houston riders are discussing plans to participate in the Texas Honor Ride to Brooks Army Medical Base in San Antonio on November 14, 2015.

We are considering all staying out at Kerrville and riding the 3's the next day before heading back to Houston.

Would be great to have you Austin SS Riders join in on that event. If you are interested please let us know.

In the spirit of always looking to meet more SS riders, let's plan a lunch meetup place that is between Austin and Houston. Please post your thoughts and ideas and let's get something planned.
We need to include all TEXAS SS riders. There are some great places to stay close to the 3/Twisted Sisters area. Luling might be a good place to meet...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey, that sounds great. Luling was what I was thinking about too. There's a Buckees there too right off the 10 that would be a great meeting spot and easy to get to from all sides. We could then head for lunch or SA from there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts