Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked and looked and can't find if the SL's audio system comes with a 3.5mm jack to plug in my MP-3 player. Does anyone know if it has a aux 3.5mm input ?????

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
No, none that I am aware of. The two external audio sources besides AM/FM are Bluetooth or USB.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank kip.............. Does anyone know if this cord will accomplish what I'm looking to do ???????????
usb.jpg

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
The way I understand the audio system works is that it reads audio files written to the USB drive and puts them on the screen, so that might not work in the same way.

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Anybody notice that the radio/entertainment console isn't bolted in? It just pops in , or pops out.:eek:
Yeah.. super easy to steal. 10 seconds to pull out head unit and unplug two harnesses. I had to leave my SS outside for the night because of garage floor resurfacing... I actually took the head unit in the house with me. Not sure how valuable it would be for a thief without the rest of the system.. but would suck for me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
FYI>>> I followed Rabtech down the audio Yellow Brick Road and put a killer system in my Sling. I am now left with the SL Head Unit and waterproof speakers{without the pods} Just for continuity, I believe a new Infotainment system with pods/speakers and backup cam is about 2100. I would entertain offers so it doesn't end up collecting dust on a shelf in my garage.

best regards,

Bill

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
FYI>>> I followed Rabtech down the audio Yellow Brick Road and put a killer system in my Sling. I am now left with the SL Head Unit and waterproof speakers{without the pods} Just for continuity, I believe a new Infotainment system with pods/speakers and backup cam is about 2100. I would entertain offers so it doesn't end up collecting dust on a shelf in my garage.

best regards,

Bill
Could we see your creation?

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Yeah.. super easy to steal. 10 seconds to pull out head unit and unplug two harnesses. I had to leave my SS outside for the night because of garage floor resurfacing... I actually took the head unit in the house with me. Not sure how valuable it would be for a thief without the rest of the system.. but would suck for me.
Remember when everyone wanted a "pull-out.":hilarious:

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Spare time project!!! 6.5 and 5.25 3 way Kickers clamp to the bars with the clamp on the bottom being barely visible. Clamps are nylon and fit perfectly. Enclosures are PVC pipe and will fit in between rails completely out-of-the-way! CHEAP but sound sooooooo good!
image.jpg

Reactions: Shack

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Spare time project!!! 6.5 and 5.25 3 way Kickers clamp to the bars with the clamp on the bottom being barely visible. Clamps are nylon and fit perfectly. Enclosures are PVC pipe and will fit in between rails completely out-of-the-way! CHEAP but sound sooooooo good! View attachment 8130
Where'd you get them? I think I asked before, but now I can't remember.:p

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I made the enclosures and bought the speakers locally. I do have an extra set of the 6 1/2 inch kickers if you want them. I used 6 inch schedule 35 pipe plugs for the 6 1/2 enclosures. painted them black. I used 4 inch schedule 40 end caps for the 5 1/4's with 4 inch schedule 35's for the backs. Here's a pic.
image.jpg

1 - 20 of 36 Posts